Best learning resource

Having been the main Forum Administrator on a Vbulletin forum for more then 15 years I anticipate the migration to Xenforo something the next quarter or two this year.

Besides just digging through the manual itself, can anyone recommend a single resource or series of support threads etc that are must reads. I am sure that over time with user thread and management I will be able to pick up on the majority of what I will need to know, but am hoping for a handful of resources to read in advance of performing a migration so that I will have a good handle on how to conquer member issues quicker and more efficiently during the early stages after migration.

I do try to visit here every few days and keep reading through support questions in hopes that absorbing a lot of them will help to that end.

Maybe before you do the migration you could install a test board and play around with it.

I read a ton on Xenforo before I got to physically play with it and found it was easier just to get your hands in there and see how it works.

Thanks I appreciate the suggestion, and it is something I am already doing, but I would like to know the more advanced suggestions of handling the users and what may come up.

I usually create a Xenforo How-To Guide forum where I create a couple of basic how-to threads (how to start a new thread, how to reply to a thread, how to attach images or videos, etc.).

Then I create another thread called something like "Requests for a new How-To Guide" so members can specifically request new ones that aren't clear.

How many you need really depends on the forum familiarity of the membership. Some pick up any changes in XF very quickly; others need more step-by-step instructions.

You can see some examples here: https://www.localsearchforum.com/forums/how-to-guides.153/

Top Bottom