Best Chat-Add-on

I do have a huge board, but even though I have between 3k and 10k users online, the chat is only for paying members. So about concurrent 30 users. Same as you. At chat parties there would be hundreds of users in chat. That was possible with the vbulletin chat addons we had before (similar to taigachat) because those only load for users that have permission.
I had a Digital Ocean server only for chat and PubNub push service to do everything between the user and the chat server. Cometchat told me that with this configuration I would have no problems with my site because everything is hosted off site. All that for 30 people in chat. So you would expect that it should work.

We've identified a huge bug that is being fixed in the v1.8.3 release. You should see a dramatic improvement to the load on your server, and I urge you to give the new version a try (should be out next week).

Here is what our server looked like v1.8.21:
Average MySQL reads: ~300k

And here is v1.8.3:
Average MySQL reads: 644

That's quite an improvement to say the least ;)

Last edited:
@ArrowSuites Am I not looking good enough or is your bug tracker hidden? Could you change the permissions so that we can see how many open bugs there are?

@ArrowSuites Am I not looking good enough or is your bug tracker hidden? Could you change the permissions so that we can see how many open bugs there are?
It shouldn't be hidden. I think some permissions are funky on some older users, though, because I've had to fix this for other people before. In any case, there are 5 open issues, mainly because we just went through them all for the v1.8.3 release.

You do not have the permission to view the tracker. If you believe this is an error please contact the board administrator.
http://www.arrowchat.com/forum/tracker.php?p=1
Please make it visible to guests so that potential customers can see that there are only 5 open bugs. I think transparency is good. Especially since your competition has completely removed their forum, bug tracker and is plagued by bugs.

Consider to move your fixed bugs to a different area, so that its clear to see what are the open bugs.

I see you automatically lock old suggestions while those are the most important ones. For example usergroup permission is something that has been suggested several times and keeps getting locked or removed. I suggested it in 2010 for the first time. Others have done so after me. These suggestions are also locked. So it makes little sense to make new suggestions when you are not implementing the important ones and lock or remove them so people can not show their support for a suggestion.
I mean no offence, but do think your product would benefit if you improve this.

Last edited:
Again, the permissions are set to show to everyone and I'm unsure why it isn't showing up. I'll take another look. The tracker has a filter list to see everything that has been fixed.

We don't specifically lock suggestions. We were locking all forum topics that were more than 6 months old. However, we reversed this policy about 3-4 months ago, and no threads are being locked anymore automatically.

Top Bottom