Best book or PHP tutorials for a crash course?

Razasharp

Can anyone recommend a good book that gets you quickly up to speed on PHP please? Particularly with XF in mind?

I know how to program (and know OOP, MVC etc) so just need to learn the PHP syntax and way of doing things. Ideally I just want a quick crash course of refresher - enough to get me into XF development.

I'd just Google "PHP Tutorial" and then dive in to reading the code. If you already know MVC and OOP, PHP is quite a simple language. If you don't yet have Eclipse PDT, I'd recommend it. I use the Zend version. Instructions are in the Dev subforum of this site.

I'd just Google "PHP Tutorial" and then dive in to reading the code. If you already know MVC and OOP, PHP is quite a simple language. If you don't yet have Eclipse PDT, I'd recommend it. I use the Zend version. Instructions are in the Dev subforum of this site.

Thanks FFT I found some vid tutorials and hope to go through them soon.

It's a shame there aren't many "PHP For ____ Developers" type books, there are loads the other way round, for those going from PHP to Ruby, Python etc

Ideally for me there would be a Ruby to PHP cheat sheet - that has the Ruby versions on one side and the PHP on the other - that would make it a lot easier for me to get a good overview of PHP. I might post something on Stack Overflow and see if anyone is willing to do a quick one :)

Top Bottom