Best Android phone for Tmobile

Use Swype (beta available on all Android phones that don't come with it stock) - you won't miss a hardware keyboard at all.
Swype is alright, but I can type much faster with a qwerty keyboard than I could with swype, and I can do it without paying attention to the keyboard.

HTC doesn't have many good qwerty keyboards (Some of them are just to cramped, others have the button stick issue), and while I dislike Samsung, and don't expect them to release updates regularly, their keyboard tends to be some of the better ones.

Why not get a HTC Nexus S?
Nexus one was made by HTC.. Nexus S is made by Samsung.

I would suggest you get a desire Z. if you are rooting I assume you can use it on any carrier. (don't know US telemarket). I always get unbranded phones and can use it on any GSM networks.

Desire Z is the really really nice desire but with a slide out keyboard.
image5.jpg

image6.jpg

Nexus one was made by HTC.. Nexus S is made by Samsung.

I would suggest you get a desire Z. if you are rooting I assume you can use it on any carrier. (don't know US telemarket). I always get unbranded phones and can use it on any GSM networks.

Desire Z is the really really nice desire but with a slide out keyboard.
image5.jpg

image6.jpg
I always found the keyboard a bit cramped and hard to use if you need to type a lot. Love the Desire, but that keyboard should have been done a bit bigger.

I have 3 lines on my account, 2 of them have expired contract and mine is up in a few months.
what is usually the best way to get a new phone and extend contract 2 years. should i do it on the other 2 or mine line?
i obviously can switch sim with my other phones in my account.

I have 3 lines on my account, 2 of them have expired contract and mine is up in a few months.
what is usually the best way to get a new phone and extend contract 2 years. should i do it on the other 2 or mine line?
i obviously can switch sim with my other phones in my account.

If you are in good standing with all your payments to T-Mobile, you could extend your contract for an additional two years now and still get that new phone for the low price.

Changing handset takes a little time to adjust, more so when a seasoned user of say a Blackberry changes to say an iPhone. Decide ahead of time to give it a certain trial period (more than a few days). Have a strategy if the new handset is not to your liking. In the UK there is (often) a return option for new phones... Strange thing about getting a new phone is that it takes time to learn and like or dislike it.

I have an HTC Desire HD and have got used to it and like it a lot. It took some adjustment, even coming from an iPhone.

So I got the HTC Sensation along with Samsung Galaxy S 4G for my wife last week.
Coming from an old Blackberry Curve, I see how much I have been missing the last few years as far as smart phones have evolved.

I also see why RIM is in such a curious position for not catching up.

I love the phones so far and would had switched much sooner.

Top Bottom