1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Android phone for Tmobile

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Andy.N, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

I'm using Blackberry Curve and thinking of just get an Android phone off ebay i.e no need to sign 2 year contract extension with Tmobile to use their crabby phones.

So ideally, i can get some used/new phone, put my SIM card in and use it.

I have data plan with my Blackberry for web/email so I'm not sure if I need to get something extra if i end up getting G4 phone?

Suggestions?

2. tmb

tmb Active Member

Have a G2 and love it.

3. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

Slider or touch screen keyboard?

4. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

The G2, or wait for the G2x or Sidekick (Just for specs and keyboard).

Andy.N likes this.
  5. MGSteve

MGSteve Well-Known Member

I had a play with an Xperia Play today, quite a good bit of kit, definitely on my short list.

6. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

If you're on a budget, ZTE Blade (aka Orange San Francisco; far better than others in its price range), otherwise Nexus or Galaxy S.

7. Forsaken

Samsung is very very very very slow with updates, and there was a leak recently from one of their employees that they're holding out for money to supply updates (Carriers pay the manufacturer for updates).

Only reason I'd recommend the Sidekick is the keyboard is suppose to be very easy to type on, where a lot of Android phone with qwerty keyboards are cramped, or have problems with sticking keys.

TMobile doesn't get many of the better phones, and mostly just carry the myTouch, which is mediocre at best.

8. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

That's exactly why I ask if I can buy better phones, rooting it to use on Tmobiles.

9. Forsaken

You're best bet is to ask them that as I've never used them.

10. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

I'm on T.Mobile and they do the best Android phones out there HTC ones.

11. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

???
    They have the best Android phones out there?
    which HTC ones?

12. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

13. Forsaken

14. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

Even Argos sells the HTC Wildfire for T.Mobile on pay-as-you go in the UK. I know, I went and bought one last week. In fact they offered a cheaper deal than Carphone warehouse, where I went first.

Mind you, Carphone warehouse are open to any network though. :censored:

To be honest, as good as the phone is. I just can't get used to the touch screen phones. I've ended-up putting my main sim card back in my old £10 cheap Nokia no frills phone that uses buttons. A bit ironic really!

15. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

My worry exactly. I've been using BB for 3-4 years and get used to their "very good" keyboard. I do quite a bit of emailing for work so a comfortable keyboard is very important.

I just don't know how the touch screen keyboard would compare.

16. Forsaken

Thats why most people want a qwerty keyboard.

17. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

For me it's just everything about the touch-screens in general. It's the second one I've had now, I had an LG phone and gave it away after 2 weeks. And that cost me £60 to buy not that long ago. I just find them too sensitive, too much messing around and things happening by accident that starts to annoy you with them.

Plus they slow you down because you have to be careful when using them, otherwise you make mistakes and mess things up. And does really start to annoy then with them!

18. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

Use Swype (beta available on all Android phones that don't come with it stock) - you won't miss a hardware keyboard at all.

19. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I can't use Swype or small touch-screens in general.

I must have fat, sweaty fingers or something...

20. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

I think you have to get used to using them. But even a good mate at work, who is fast as hell typing messages on a mobile with buttons. Also got a touch-screen and said he doesn't like it, it slows him down too much.