Add-on BD Widget RecentFeatures Slider for XI Blogs + Threads

DRE

For those of us who have enjoyed using blogging software like Wordpress, one of the things we miss, that we wish we could have on Xenforo, is a recent slider for our own blogs. Due to there not being one, many of us have resorted to using the Wordpress Integration Bridge but use of this bridge creates problems in itself. I have experience with this integration myself but I would prefer to not have to use Wordpress to feature blogs.

Instead of using Wordpress to feature my members blogs, I am trying to raise money for a recent features block for XI Blogs. The recent features block will also showcase threads and function similar to the RecentFeatures block in Jaxel's XenPorta addon. You can see it in action here. This block will be configurable through BD Widget Framework. See FAQ. Currently, no recent features block exists in BD Widget but there is one in Widget Portal addon but that's not updated for Xenforo 1.2. In the Recent Features block we should be able to select which blog entries and threads that we want to appear in the slider in AdminCP. It should have the basic features of the existing recent features slider such as height and width setting, configureable the snippet length and when you click on the pic it should link to the blog or thread being featured. It should also include the title and the category / thread prefix.

@Daniel Hood has said he'd do it if he had permission,which he does as long as he doesn't use any of XI Blogs code. He also wants to know if more people would contribute it's development. He has told me that he would like at least $100 to get started on it. He has already created a Better Blogs to threads importer and a thread importer for XI blogs for me plus I really like his PHP Help Center Announcements addon, so I know he has the skills to get it done.

I cannot afford his asking price at the moment. Eventually I will but it may take me a couple weeks. Would any of you be kind enough to help fund the creation of this addon? He needs at least $100 to get started so if you could donate to me for this addon you will receive the addon as well. After the donation amount is met this thread and first will be updated with the news of the donation requirement being met, further donations won't be accepted and any excess amount will be sent back. After the addon is completed it will be a paid Resource in the resource manager which Daniel has not yet set the price for. He does plan on extending this addon to pull content from other resources as well.

Without initial contributors I liked the idea and went ahead and merged it with my promoted threads add on. I'm going to sell it in the resource section.

Reactions: DRE
Just want to update this thread. The addon has been made and it's pretty darn cool. I have it up for just threads at the moment but it also works for blogs. I will be adding blogs to my promoted content module soon, just gotta address some privacy issues first since the privacy options in XI Blogs are broken. Once it's done this will be as close to wordpress featured blogs block as you can possibly get!!!

The XI Blogs addon has been completely abandoned by @Onimua and so has "Promoted Content" by @Daniel Hood because he is busy with his reviews addon and that's probably going to take him awhile. If any of you would like to take up this project please do. The idea is simple, a "Recent Features" block similar to design of the "Recent Features" block in Jaxel's XenPorta addon that allows us to feature content from both threads and other content types such as Better Blogs by @Rigel Kentaurus. This is a paid offer. It must work with BD Widget. Currently there is a a similar project by @xfrocks called BD Image. If you want, you could just modify that existing addon to have a block that looks like XenPorta's Recent Features widget and be able to feature Better Blogs and hopefully other additional content such from XenMediaGallery.

Top Bottom