[bd] Social Share [Deleted]

I'd like an add on that automatically creates a facebook post linking to every thread in admin selected forums when the thread is created. The post creator on the facebook page being an admin of the page, not the creator of the thread.

This shouldn't necessarily be optional for the user, it should just happen automatically as defined by the admin for every thread in specified forums.

Does this add on do that?
If not are there any other add ons that have this functionality that anyone is aware of?

I'd like an add on that automatically creates a facebook post linking to every thread in admin selected forums when the thread is created. The post creator on the facebook page being an admin of the page, not the creator of the thread.

This shouldn't necessarily be optional for the user, it should just happen automatically as defined by the admin for every thread in specified forums.

Does this add on do that?
If not are there any other add ons that have this functionality that anyone is aware of?

I am looking for something to do this too.

So the forum admin can select all newly created threads to send a notification to the forum's related Facebook group, posting as a group admin.

We want this so we can make Facebook users aware of new threads and drive them to the forum for discussion there.

I can't figure out is this add-on will do this.

I don't think it's possible with a group, as facebook doesn't allow us to publish to groups, if I'm understanding that correctly. Should be doable with pages though.

Yes, This will work on Facebook Pages, Groups, Profiles.
For Facebook group to work, you need to request more permissions on FACEBOOK APP though.

Anyone got a faq on how to create the facebook app.
it used to work on our forum but stopped around april and i just havent had time to go through to see what what wrong so disabled the facebook part of the addon

A few quick Questions about integration with a Facebook Group

1) Does this work with 1.5?

2) What I want to do is have a forum for news releases and have only these threads posted automatically to facebook, can you control which threads get posted to FB?

3) Can the replies to the facebook thread be posted to XF and the replies on XF be posted to FB?

1) Does this work with 1.5?
Yes.
2) What I want to do is have a forum for news releases and have only these threads posted automatically to facebook, can you control which threads get posted to FB?
If you do automatically on every member, You can control which forum section gets posted but not thread.
If you do it manually, then yes.

3) Can the replies to the facebook thread be posted to XF and the replies on XF be posted to FB?
No.

so is there a faq on getting facebook to work,just want to share on facebook page new threads etc...but no clue how to set it up beyond getting the normal keys to put in xenforo

On the Status & Review tab, here's mine:
PC2iFOr.png

cheers for that what type of screenshots did you use also how did you test permissions? as whenever i try it get a server error as the manage permissions hasnt been granted yet...

sorry didn't make myself clear that screen i know is on facebook however how do i test the permissions and when you submit items in review it ask for 4 screenshots
i apologise for being a little dense

so just random sceenshots from xenforo then ill give it a go and see what comes back cheers :)
Not really ramdom, but screenshot of your forum on how you'll be using that permissions.
Like quick reply, create thread, post status, facebook integration on preferences.

Top Bottom