[bd] Social Share [Deleted]

@xfrocks I was thinking of this addon because I'm looking for a way to embed the ability to tweet an individual post to a user's personal twitter account. Is this possible? The screenshots haven't been updated for Twitter so I'm not quite sure how it looks. Does it add in a Tweet button like this:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/tweet-per-post.14581/

https://about.twitter.com/resources/buttons#tweet

Also, have you thought about the ability to add in Instagram sharing for images?
i have requested @xfrocks to include a "Share" tab beside "report" which will open up add this share buttons (FB, Twitter) etc so that users can share posts more easily... Bram also did it very well in his site (only for the first post) http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/sao-paulo-released-for-rfactor-2.95219/

Having these buttons on every post will be overkill so a "share" button would be really nice, imo...

Any way to get it added in a few version the ability to auto post to a Google+ page?
I came to suggest exaclty this ! haha..

Another thing that would be awesome to see this addon doing is a integration with [Tinhte] XenTag from @Dinh Thanh and the option to add the tags as hashtags on the sharing texts.

So if my post has the tags: Big Fish, Whale

The sharing would be the actual structure (prefix + title) and after that #BigFish #Whale and the the link as usual

Before I make this purchase, what exactly is Staff Share? Only staff can submit to Facebook? where does the post go? Their Facebook, my site's Facebook?

Thanks!!

Question @xfrocks Does the twitter integration has Bit.ly Integration? That would be great for us since we could then track the links going out on twitter. Thank you!

Hi,

Facebook autosharing for forum is not working for me. Steps that I did:
1. Go to Applications > Display Node Tree > Edit Forum > tab Forum Options
2. Click Facebook: Enable automatic sharing

Got this error:
Xin hãy refresh lại trang (F5) và thử lại

I how to ?

bdSocialShare_Exception_NotConnected: [bd] Social Share Exception - library/bdSocialShare/Model/Publisher.php:74

Xenforo 1.4.2

@xfrocks I was thinking of this addon because I'm looking for a way to embed the ability to tweet an individual post to a user's personal twitter account. Is this possible? The screenshots haven't been updated for Twitter so I'm not quite sure how it looks. Does it add in a Tweet button like this:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/tweet-per-post.14581/

https://about.twitter.com/resources/buttons#tweet

Also, have you thought about the ability to add in Instagram sharing for images?
This add-on is for a different purpose actually. It allow user to choose to post to Twitter at the time post posting (and remember that and post automatically next time). It also has other features that you can read more in the add-on page.

i have requested @xfrocks to include a "Share" tab beside "report" which will open up add this share buttons (FB, Twitter) etc so that users can share posts more easily... Bram also did it very well in his site (only for the first post) http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/sao-paulo-released-for-rfactor-2.95219/

Having these buttons on every post will be overkill so a "share" button would be really nice, imo...
There is this new feature called Staff Share which is quite similar and allow staff to post to site accounts. For personal account, the permalink works quite well IMHO.

Before I make this purchase, what exactly is Staff Share? Only staff can submit to Facebook? where does the post go? Their Facebook, my site's Facebook?

Thanks!!
Staff share is a feature for staff only. Add-on also has feature for all members like posting to timeline/Page/Group, auto share, etc.

Question @xfrocks Does the twitter integration has Bit.ly Integration? That would be great for us since we could then track the links going out on twitter. Thank you!
No, currently there is not support for bit.ly :)

Hi,

Facebook autosharing for forum is not working for me. Steps that I did:
1. Go to Applications > Display Node Tree > Edit Forum > tab Forum Options
2. Click Facebook: Enable automatic sharing

Got this error:
Xin hãy refresh lại trang (F5) và thử lại

I how to ?

bdSocialShare_Exception_NotConnected: [bd] Social Share Exception - library/bdSocialShare/Model/Publisher.php:74

Xenforo 1.4.2

Please ask support specific questions at https://xfrocks.com/other/threads/bd-social-share-paid.82/, thank you.

This add-on is for a different purpose actually. It allow user to choose to post to Twitter at the time post posting (and remember that and post automatically next time). It also has other features that you can read more in the add-on page.
Right, but in the overview the screenshots only show a button to post to Facebook. Does the addon provide a button for posting to users own Twitter timeline? How about after posting?

Right, but in the overview the screenshots only show a button to post to Facebook. Does the addon provide a button for posting to users own Twitter timeline? How about after posting?
Yes, if user connects to Twitter, the checkbox for Twitter will show up.

After posting, XenForo provides many tools to post to social networks already. This add-on adds staff share to allow staff member to post to site accounts (instead of their personal account).

There is this new feature called Staff Share which is quite similar and allow staff to post to site accounts. For personal account, the permalink works quite well IMHO.
The issue with permalink number is that nobody knows and it is not intuitive... the call to action is very mild.... And due to facebook, the "share" button has become so used to.... I am sure the need for Share button is enormous.... it is just a matter of how complex it is to implement...

Last edited:
Yes, if user connects to Twitter, the checkbox for Twitter will show up.

After posting, XenForo provides many tools to post to social networks already. This add-on adds staff share to allow staff member to post to site accounts (instead of their personal account).
Right, but it doesn't provide a built in way to tweet an individual post you're reading. Or a link to one save going through the Share This option which can be bulky and confusing for people who don't use it.

The issue with permalink number is that nobody knows and it is not intuitive... the call to action is very mild.... And due to facebook, the "share" button has become so used to.... I am sure the need for Share button is enormous.... it is just a matter of how complex it is to implement...
Right, but it doesn't provide a built in way to tweet an individual post you're reading. Or a link to one save going through the Share This option which can be bulky and confusing for people who don't use it.
You guys share the same ideas. Actually many people have also suggested that but I have been avoiding duplicating core features since the beginning. And as you already know, adding a Share link to the post is a bad idea. Adding it to the report interface is equally bad...

You guys share the same ideas. Actually many people have also suggested that but I have been avoiding duplicating core features since the beginning. And as you already know, adding a Share link to the post is a bad idea. Adding it to the report interface is equally bad...
Sort of. I'm really only after a Twitter button for posts. We're sort of running parallel with our issues but I'm not sure his endgame. For me, Facebook sharing is worthless. My members only really use Twitter and Instagram, which is why I also asked about Instagram. What I'm personally looking for is an easy way for members to tweet posts. It doesn't need to be obtrusive, just easy to notice and understand for dummies. Just like Xenforo has the Share this page Tweet button at the bottom of each page, I'd like to get a more precise way to share individual posts, even for lurkers. The current method only works for people who are seriously devoted to the software.

I came to suggest exaclty this ! haha..

Another thing that would be awesome to see this addon doing is a integration with [Tinhte] XenTag from @Dinh Thanh and the option to add the tags as hashtags on the sharing texts.

So if my post has the tags: Big Fish, Whale

The sharing would be the actual structure (prefix + title) and after that #BigFish #Whale and the the link as usual

Any concern regarding my suggestions ?

Any concern regarding my suggestions ?
Well, you can customize your shared contents by editing template "bdsocialshare_title_thread", change it to something like this

Code:
{xen:helper threadPrefix, $thread, escaped}{xen:raw $thread.title} <xen:if hascontent="true">(<xen:contentcheck>{xen:helper Tinhte_XenTag_getImplodedTagsFromThread, $thread, 0}</xen:contentcheck>)</xen:if>

Top Bottom