[bd] Social Share [Deleted]

I set this up to post threads to FB and Twit using STAFF SHARE today but each time I try to share I get a pop up box that says:

"An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later."

I can connect to both my FB and Twitter pages, I tested them and the connection was fine. I also re-uploaded the files but still get the error.

This is my forum: https://onlyonecardiff.city/forums/cardiff-city-forum.2/

I've tried a few different threads and still get the error. This is in the Console if it's any help to fixing this.

Code:
functions.min.js?_v=…8cd9d3_1.5.15.0_1:4 Unable to find menu for Popup
[LIST=1]
[*]e.fn.init(1)
[*]
[LIST=1]
[*]0:Window {postMessage: ƒ, blur: ƒ, focus: ƒ, close: ƒ, frames: Window, …}
[*]length:1
[*]__proto__:Object(0)
[/LIST]
[/LIST]

EDIT: I just tried to Post to Facebook again with the Console open, I got the error message but I'm not actually getting any errors in the Console any more, not sure that first error was even related to this problem.

EDIT 2: I just tried taking the tick out of the "Send Link Data" field but still got the error.

Last edited:
It's likely a permission problem (some Facebook permissions are missing for example). Can you check server error log? There should be more useful information in there.

It's likely a permission problem (some Facebook permissions are missing for example). Can you check server error log? There should be more useful information in there.
Here's what's in the Server Error Log, it's strange because I've definitely set the Group Permissions correctly.

bdSocialShare_Exception_Interrupted: {"error":{"message":"(#200) Requires either publish_actions permission, or manage_pages and publish_pages as an admin with sufficient administrative permission","type":"OAuthException","code":200,"fbtrace_id":"CzXvpMrUTqr"}} - library/bdSocialShare/Model/Facebook.php:119

Here's what's in the Server Error Log, it's strange because I've definitely set the Group Permissions correctly.

bdSocialShare_Exception_Interrupted: {"error":{"message":"(#200) Requires either publish_actions permission, or manage_pages and publish_pages as an admin with sufficient administrative permission","type":"OAuthException","code":200,"fbtrace_id":"CzXvpMrUTqr"}} - library/bdSocialShare/Model/Facebook.php:119
The permissions mentioned are Facebook permissions, not XenForo user group permissions FYI. It looks like you are trying to publish a post to a Facebook page? Are you using the auto publish feature (the option in AdminCP) or you are doing manual publish (check the box below new thread form)?

The permissions mentioned are Facebook permissions, not XenForo user group permissions FYI. It looks like you are trying to publish a post to a Facebook page? Are you using the auto publish feature (the option in AdminCP) or you are doing manual publish (check the box below new thread form)?
I'm using the Staff Share button.

Maybe this is my problem?
So more people should have it
https://www.nextscripts.com/news/2018/04/facebook-error-invalid-scopes-publish_actions/

Any idea how to solve that?

The add-on will request that permission when you add a page for auto publish (in AdminCP) or you choose to publish to your page while posting. However, Facebook is increasing raising the requirements to use publish actions in apps. Because of the Cambridge Analytica hack, Facebook has deprecated this permission completely (see https://developers.facebook.com/blo...book-platform-product-changes-policy-updates/) .

Reactions: rdn
Are you going to port this to XF 2.1 ? :)
I am so sure plenty of people would love to use your addon!
Probably not according to our analysis. Auto posting is ineffective while manual posting is too cumbersome. We have seen our customers require advanced features like schedule post on Facebook (possible via Facebook UI) which is too complicated to be done from XF. All in all, this add-on is unlikely to be updated for XF2. Sorry.

• Sad
Reactions: rdn
Top Bottom