• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[bd] Reputation System

I have some dificulties with the permissions. Despite the right settings the super admins seem to be the only ones who can give reputation.

964c582344.png

fbfdc3a65b.png

The usergroup above is a "Super Admin" usergroup and most the thing are without any limitation. But they can't give reputation. Why is that?

Quick update; I unistalled and reinstated the addon the usergroup permissions seems in place yet only spreading are able to give reputation. what would you suggest? Thanks

does this replace the default Xenforo "Like" feature? Is there a way to manually disable the "Likes" packaged with the core of Xenforo?

no it does not. Its an addition to the like feature if you want to give points and/or comment on a post when you give points, a special tribute.. and no there isnt a way to disable likes, why would anyone want that :)

Just wondering. If a user has say 10 points, and gives another user 5 points, does it deduct the 5 points he gave away from his account, leaving both users with 5 points? If not, is there a way to make it do this?

Thanks.

I have that installed too lol. I needed it to be for trading stuff. Hmmm

Is there a way to completely delete the reputation comments? It took some information from a thread I do not want members to see.

Thanks.

I have that installed too lol. I needed it to be for trading stuff. Hmmm

Is there a way to completely delete the reputation comments? It took some information from a thread I do not want members to see.

Thanks.
You meant disable the comments?

No, I mean delete them completely. I can't seem to be able to do that. When you leave someone reputation, it takes some information out of the thread. I need that info gone.

Ah no problem man. Nice mods, I am using your banking mod and it seems to be a big hit with the community. The reason I needed the reputation system was because users on my forum swap physical items.

So to track it I needed a user to be able to deduct points from another. If I gave you 1 pizza, your "pizza" reputation will go to -1, and you are not allowed to receive a pizza until it is back to 0. The only way to get it back to 0 is to give another user a "pizza". It kind of makes it hard when physical items are involved, but I am sure the reputation system can be tweaked for this purpose.

I am a big fan of your mods, keep them coming :)

I'll post this message one more time with the hope to get some help. I've disabled the addon for the time being. Currently it's useless...

I have some dificulties with the permissions. Despite the right settings the super admins seem to be the only ones who can give reputation.

964c582344.png

fbfdc3a65b.png

The usergroup above is a "Super Admin" usergroup and most the thing are without any limitation. But they can't give reputation. Why is that?

I made a Turkish translation and attached to this post. Feel free to use...

Attachments

Hi yavuz,

I probably missed your earlier posts somehow, sorry about that. Anyway, can you confirm? At the beginning of the post you said only super admin can give reputation but near the end you said "they can't give reputation". So, can the super admin gives or not? Did you try going to the give url manually? Because the link may not display if you use a custom style (or change the html, something like that). The order of checks is like this:
  1. If the user is the same as the poster, no permission (you can't give reputation to your post)
  2. If the poster is guest, no permission (obviously)
  3. If the user can't view the post for any reason, no permission
  4. Check for the user/usergroup permission (I believe you set this up correctly)
PS: Thanks for the translation ;)

Thanks xfrocks, let me make this more clear for you; Standart Usergroups who have the permissions posted in the pictures, should normally (correct me if I'm wrong) be able to give reputation, they can't. I have a "Super Admin" usergroup while one of the member of that usergroup can give reputation, the other one can't. I've checked the individual permission set for both of them, they are identical. That's what gives me headaches...

I'm using Both Flexile and Whisper, the error occurs on both of them. The reuputation link appears to me and those who can give reputation (those who can't can only view "given reputations")

1) Understood, I'm aware
2) Obviously...
3) Check..
4) Double and tripple checked, it's set up as in the screenshots.

Okie, this is so interesting. Can you send me a PC with your site address. Account info would be great too (best if you have one account that have permission and one account that doesn't have permission, better with AdminCP permission so I can check). Thanks and sorry for the problem.

Okie, this is so interesting. Can you send me a PC with your site address. Account info would be great too (best if you have one account that have permission and one account that doesn't have permission, better with AdminCP permission so I can check). Thanks and sorry for the problem.

I've send out the PC xfrocks, thanks for taking the time.

Hi, i like you plugin it works very well, the only problem i have got it is not giving the member the any rep when they reach 25 posts ? any help on this?

Top Bottom