[bd] Medal [Deleted]

xfrocks

xfrocks submitted a new resource:

[bd] Medal - Who doesn't love some shiny medal on their profile?

[FEATURE]
1. Manage medals by categories, supports SVG images
2. Award user in AdminCP or front-end
3. Help page to see all medals
4. Show off user medals in messages, profile page, etc.

[INSTALLATION]
1. Upload files and directories inside `upload` to XenForo's root directory. Select "Merge" for everything if you are asked
2. Install the add-on via AdminCP
3. Configure medals in AdminCP > Users > [bd] Medal
4. Customize options and style properties as needed (this step is optional)

Read more about this resource...

Is there a way to link this with trophies or "replace" trophies so they can be automatically awarded? Is that option already there and I am missing it?

Very nice add-on and it would be super-exciting to see this plus trophy-extension.

As a feature request above and beyond those two combined, it would be great to see a non-mod-permission-gated front-end link for awarding trophies. The use case is that I am working on a "treasure hunt" game hidden within our forums, and I would love to be able to hide links on the site that award trophies/medals.

Is there a way to link this with trophies or "replace" trophies so they can be automatically awarded? Is that option already there and I am missing it?
Not yet, you can't do it with this add-on for now.

Very nice add-on and it would be super-exciting to see this plus trophy-extension.

As a feature request above and beyond those two combined, it would be great to see a non-mod-permission-gated front-end link for awarding trophies. The use case is that I am working on a "treasure hunt" game hidden within our forums, and I would love to be able to hide links on the site that award trophies/medals.
That sounds like a lot of fun! I'm not sure that specific feature fits this add-on though.

@xfrocks I have a question. Is the only way to download this for $10 to pay for 1 month of the webmaster badge? It has another option for $99 for a year but this add-on is the only one I'm interested in so its a shame I'd have to pay $99 to receive updates for a year to the add-on. Are you sure I'm seeing this correctly?

EDIT: I also see where it says purchase a resource and get 1 month free of the webmaster badge. I think I just got confused but it seems as though you get updates to the add-on but the web master badge is only for support. Then when you upgrade it lets you download the add-on for a year or more than a month I think. Am I right?

I'm buying now though. Thank you.

EDIT: Okay I just bought it. Thank you! Let me know about that though I'm interesting in hearing about it.

Last edited:
i dont understand how this addon can work ?
please explain to me >?
Basically it let your user own and show off all kind achievements in posts.

@xfrocks I have a question. Is the only way to download this for $10 to pay for 1 month of the webmaster badge? It has another option for $99 for a year but this add-on is the only one I'm interested in so its a shame I'd have to pay $99 to receive updates for a year to the add-on. Are you sure I'm seeing this correctly?

EDIT: I also see where it says purchase a resource and get 1 month free of the webmaster badge. I think I just got confused but it seems as though you get updates to the add-on but the web master badge is only for support. Then when you upgrade it lets you download the add-on for a year or more than a month I think. Am I right?

I'm buying now though. Thank you.

EDIT: Okay I just bought it. Thank you! Let me know about that though I'm interesting in hearing about it.
You were correct. The $10 purchase will let you download any of the premium add-ons for 30 days, you will not be able to download updates afterwards. If you are only interested in one add-on but not the others, that doesn't sound financially good... Please start a conversation with me on xfrocks.com (so I know which account is yours). I will change your purchase so you can download this specific add-on for the year.

Basically it let your user own and show off all kind achievements in posts.

You were correct. The $10 purchase will let you download any of the premium add-ons for 30 days, you will not be able to download updates afterwards. If you are only interested in one add-on but not the others, that doesn't sound financially good... Please start a conversation with me on xfrocks.com (so I know which account is yours). I will change your purchase so you can download this specific add-on for the year.

Thank you @xfrocks I am TheXboxCloud on there. I will start a conversation with you. Once the add-ons grow I may opt. for a higher deal but as of now I do not rely on a lot of add-ons. And that's very nice of you. I'll start a conversation soon. Thanks

Hey I just wanted to say @xfrocks your great for helping me out with that. If I never need other add-ons from you and I get the money I will definitely upgrade to a year. You worked that out great for me since [bd] Medal is currently the only add-on I intend to use as of now at least. I really appreciate your help a lot.

Thanks a ton @xfrocks - the medal add-on is used and is quite important to our community and I am glad to see a 2.x release :)

If upgrading from the 1.x version, is there a need to uninstall/re-install the add-on? Or is it possible to upgrade the existing add-on from ACP once the board is upgraded to 2.x?

Thanks a ton @xfrocks - the medal add-on is used and is quite important to our community and I am glad to see a 2.x release :)

If upgrading from the 1.x version, is there a need to uninstall/re-install the add-on? Or is it possible to upgrade the existing add-on from ACP once the board is upgraded to 2.x?
Please do NOT uninstall the add-on, you will lose all medal data!

Just upgrade the whole site to XF2 then you will be able to upgrade the add-on in XF2 AdminCP.

Hiya!
I read through the comments here and on other site, but do I understand correctly that the add-on is 10 USD plus 99 USD a year for support/upgrades? Or is the support/upgrades for all available add-ons? Because the first seems rather expensive for a single add-on and the latter isn't financially interesting to me as I'm currently only interested in this one add-on...

Hiya!
I read through the comments here and on other site, but do I understand correctly that the add-on is 10 USD plus 99 USD a year for support/upgrades? Or is the support/upgrades for all available add-ons? Because the first seems rather expensive for a single add-on and the latter isn't financially interesting to me as I'm currently only interested in this one add-on...
Sorry for the confusion. The add-on is currently bundled in our premium package which is $10/mo, you will have access to all the add-ons for the month. The $99 is the cost of the premium package for a year. There are a few people who don't care about other add-ons so we will convert your purchase of $10 all-add-on-for-a-month to one-add-on-for-a-year if you want to. Just purchase the $10/mo badge then start a conversation with me on the xfrocks.com.

There are a few people who don't care about other add-ons so we will convert your purchase of $10 all-add-on-for-a-month to one-add-on-for-a-year if you want to. Just purchase the $10/mo badge then start a conversation with me on the xfrocks.com.
@xfrocks, please, convert my purchase of $10 all-add-on-for-a-month to one-add-on-for-a-year! I want too.
Me only interesting your addon Medal! Just him. :)
I already purchased this addon. And my nick on your forum exactly same, like on this forum.

Hi there, I bought this add-on. I think it's a great feature for my community. But, I'm having a problem: If you visit any of my member pages with a medal awarded, in the "Awarded medals" tab, it's showing an error message.

In the tab URL, when you click on it, it doesn't go to: {url}/members/{member}/medals but instead it goes to {url}/members/medals

How can I fix it?

Thank you...

Top Bottom