Resource icon

[bd] Forum Watch for XenForo 1.2+ 2.1.1b

No permission to download
Deactivating "Forum Watch" stops the errors for me. Anyone have any idea what's going on?
According to the error log you posted at [bd] Tag Me thread, the error is not related to this add-on. But if it stopped after you deactivate it then... it's very strange.

Hi xfrocks

I have installed this an it doesn't seem to work reliably, but the group on which I am applying it is a secondary group. Does it only work on primary groups perhaps?

I would be most grateful for your view on this

Thanks very much

Kindest

Neil
Can you tell me how you setup the watch? Screenshot will be great.

Hi there, thanks - hope these screenshots help
screenshot_75.webp screenshot_74.webp screenshot_73.webp screenshot_72.webp

To explain the Forum to watch is "Executive Committee", the member example is me. I am a primary member of the group "Member" and secondary member of the group "Committee"

Thanks in advance

Neil

Attachments

• screenshot_75.webp
    screenshot_75.webp
    26.9 KB · Views: 10
Does this have the ability to watch an entire site? If not, is it possible you could add it?
It doesn't have it but I agree this sure would be handy considering this is what I do with the plugin anyway just with a pseduo-user and having it watch every single forum.

I certainly think it would be one of the most useful features of this add-on, and likely quite easy to implement.

Does this have the ability to watch an entire site? If not, is it possible you could add it?
You can technically do that by watching all forums but yeah, a simple switch seems to be more convenient. I'm not sure about the User Interface though. Will have to think through a bit.

Hi there, thanks - hope these screenshots help
View attachment 90435 View attachment 90436 View attachment 90437 View attachment 90438

To explain the Forum to watch is "Executive Committee", the member example is me. I am a primary member of the group "Member" and secondary member of the group "Committee"

Thanks in advance

Neil
I have verified on my server and secondary groups should work without issue. You can try by uncheck the secondary group, save the user and check the group and save again. That should rebuild the cache for that user.

I recently upgraded my forum to 1.4.6 - in doing so, I was required to disable this plugin and delete the xf_forum_watch table PRIOR to upgrading due to Xenforo now including this functionality natively.

My question is are you aware of any concerns porting over the data from the old table to the new? I do see that there are schema differences, but - allowing for data modifications to allow for those, are there any other table or data dependencies I may not be aware of?

I would really like to not have all my users be required to re-subscribe if I can help it.

Thanks

I recently upgraded my forum to 1.4.6 - in doing so, I was required to disable this plugin and delete the xf_forum_watch table PRIOR to upgrading due to Xenforo now including this functionality natively.

The proper upgrade procedure isoutlined here:
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/bd-forum-watch-for-xenforo-1-2.660/update?update=5621

According to the link above you would instead upgrade the Forum Watch add-on to the latest version (2.1.1b), disable it and then upgrade to XenForo 1.2. Then you could simply uninstall the add-on.

Unfortunately you would need someone who could convert the old tables into the new table format for 1.2+ since you have already upgraded, I guess.

Last edited:

My question is are you aware of any concerns porting over the data from the old table to the new? I do see that there are schema differences, but - allowing for data modifications to allow for those, are there any other table or data dependencies I may not be aware of?

I would really like to not have all my users be required to re-subscribe if I can help it.

Thanks

Do you have a backup of the table? It's quite simple to convert the table to make it compatible with XenForo's. It basically what the add-on does if you update it following this instruction https://xenforo.com/community/resources/bd-forum-watch-for-xenforo-1-2.660/update?update=5621

@xfrocks Is there any chance this mod could handle adding the alerts via the deferred system in a future version?

I wanted the primary usergroup (50K+ members) to automatically watch the "announcements" forum but it really really doesnt like it and I cannot post a new thread due to the time it is taking to handle all those alerts.

Will this work with users that have super moderators or administrators as their secondary group?

We have everyone set as "registered users" then add secondary permissions to confer features on the site.

Top Bottom