[bd] Attachment Store [Deleted]

Hello,

Have you had a chance to look at this?

I'm trying to figure out why when I go to run the Rebuild Attachment Thumbnails from the XenForo ACP the files that were ftp'ed using this [bd] Attachment Store [Paid] add-on want to login using the old ftp username that was somehow stored to the files when they were uploaded using this add-on?

It may just be a bug since I updated to XenForo v1.57 two days ago and the add-on just needs to be updated, but if not then this is going to be a real problem for anyone who moves their website to another server where their ftp account username and password changes.

Whichever it is I need a way to fix this. Either with an update to this add-on, or instructions by you posting a query to run to do a username find and replace or something similar including the same for any stored password if it also exists.

Please let me know...

Thanks

Last edited:
A suggestion for a new feature. It would be great to choose a minimum file size for files which should be stored on the remote server.

For example a file with 2BM should be stored on the default location, but a large file with 100 MB on the remote server.

@xfrocks, is it possible to have your addon work together with @AndyB's https://xenforo.com/community/resources/convert-image.2521/ ?

AndyB's addon converts hyperlinked images to attachments. For some reason your addon is not triggered, so it is not relocated to the designated location in your addon.
@xfrocks, I just purchased this addon and I too would also like to use AndyB's Convert All addon along side your Attachment addon. Has the issue @Axel B mentioned above been resolved?

I can't seem to find the distinct differences between this addon and the [bd] Data Store. I took the snippet from each below:
  • [bd] Attachment Store Features 1. Store attachments in `data` directory [Is this only for the /data/attachments folder? If so then the bottom one does this too]
  • [bd] Data Storage Features: All data which is currently stored in external data directory (/data) will be processed by this add-on and pushed to remote server. [Is this everything in the /data folder?]
Both points basically read the same. I have been searching for a way to allow more images and attachments to be hosted and amazingly enough you are the only developer that created something for S3. My confusion is both descriptions and why do you need 2? Can't you find a way to combine them and charge the $38? I am sure it's because they are so different.

One other issue I have before buying something like this is the feedback on the last few pages have been fairly negative and has not been address in anyway. This looks like you don't support your add-ons and I don't want to be in a boat like that. I am not pulling the trigger on buying this at the moment because it doesn't seem like things are going very well after reading messages and your last feedback. Any possibility in addressing any of this?

I can't seem to find the distinct differences between this addon and the [bd] Data Store. I took the snippet from each below:
  • [bd] Attachment Store Features 1. Store attachments in `data` directory [Is this only for the /data/attachments folder? If so then the bottom one does this too]
  • [bd] Data Storage Features: All data which is currently stored in external data directory (/data) will be processed by this add-on and pushed to remote server. [Is this everything in the /data folder?]
Both points basically read the same. I have been searching for a way to allow more images and attachments to be hosted and amazingly enough you are the only developer that created something for S3. My confusion is both descriptions and why do you need 2? Can't you find a way to combine them and charge the $38? I am sure it's because they are so different.

One other issue I have before buying something like this is the feedback on the last few pages have been fairly negative and has not been address in anyway. This looks like you don't support your add-ons and I don't want to be in a boat like that. I am not pulling the trigger on buying this at the moment because it doesn't seem like things are going very well after reading messages and your last feedback. Any possibility in addressing any of this?
Yesterday I was talking to its developer and when I asked the same question, it was his answer:
Attachment Store handles attachment files including both the full file and thumbnail. And it supports all add-ons that use the attachment system (like XenForo Media Gallery).

Data Storage handles files in /data directory including avatar and attachment thumbnail (if you install both add-ons, Attachment Store will take over attachment thumbnail). It supports all add-ons that use the /data directory.

Thanks @Dadparvar for replying to the questions I had. Seems needless to separate the 2, but that's a developer's choice. It still doesn't answer it fully because the attachment folder is inside the data file. By reading that answer I can assume that the Attachment Store is a waste of money because the Data Storage already handles everything in /data which includes /data/attachments...no? I think it's the language that makes these say the same thing and I get that. They just don't have very good copy.

@xfrocks I can't seem to update the S3 URL (or even return everything to default). The options under Rebuild Caches don't seem to do anything.

@xfrocks or anyone, can you confirm that one of the files for the latest versions does not pass the xF file health check?
Confirmed

File Health Check
Potential Problems
  1. library/bdAttachmentStore/ShippableHelper/TempFile.phpFile does not contain expected contents.
  2. library/bdSocialShare/ShippableHelper/TempFile.phpFile does not contain expected contents.
  3. library/bdCache/ShippableHelper/ImageSize.phpFile does not contain expected contents.
Showing 3 of 3 items

Reactions: fly
Presale question:
With this add-on we can store the files on external server only in 1 folder?
I don't want folders like 2016/09 2016/10 etc

Presale question:
With this add-on we can store the files on external server only in 1 folder?
I don't want folders like 2016/09 2016/10 etc
Hi there,

Currently there is no option to change this behavior. It's recommended to split files between directories to limit the number of files in a directory though, why do you want them all in one?

Hi there,

Currently there is no option to change this behavior. It's recommended to split files between directories to limit the number of files in a directory though, why do you want them all in one?
Hey,
Because i clean up the old versions.I have 5000 downladable files and every day i make 20-50 updates that's why i clean up the old versions.

If the add-on has the feature to store the files on external server only in 1 folder it will be what i was looking for such in this way i can find and delete faster.

However if you will make this possibile i will see it such i have watched the resource and i will buy it.

Regards

Hey,
Because i clean up the old versions.I have 5000 downladable files and every day i make 20-50 updates that's why i clean up the old versions.

If the add-on has the feature to store the files on external server only in 1 folder it will be what i was looking for such in this way i can find and delete faster.

However if you will make this possibile i will see it such i have watched the resource and i will buy it.

Regards
Interesting requirement you have there. Are you doing those 20-50 updates manually every day?

Does this work with keycdn - my XF is using it already but what to have attachments that way too.. If yes - which options to set in attactments store?

Top Bottom