1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[bd] Attachment Store [Paid] 1.2.1

Store attachment differently and more effectively.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks Well-Known Member

xfrocks submitted a new resource:

[bd] Attachment Store - Store attachment differently and more effectively.

Read more about this resource...

2. TheBigK

TheBigK Well-Known Member

Super Awesome! I've been waiting for this for a long time! Will buy it *VERY SOON*.

3. xfrocks

Now I'm waiting for you!

marcv likes this.
  4. TheBigK

TheBigK Well-Known Member

Sure. I wish to know whether the attachments are 'duplicated' on Amazon S3. Meaning, if I move my attachments to S3, will my server still have a copy of the attachment?

5. xfrocks

No.

6. Dinh Thanh

Dinh Thanh Well-Known Member

hahaha.
    me, I'm waiting for you too.

7. xfrocks

Stay tuned! :D

8. Hlchia

Hlchia Active Member

I presume if i use S3 storage, it will only store a copy in S3, and the process is not reversible? e.g. what if I stop using S3 storage? or you provide the tools to migrate the attachments back?

9. xfrocks

It is reversible. There is a tool included to migrate attachments across different storage options. You can go from default to S3 and back as many times as you want.

BamaStangGuy likes this.
  10. Hlchia

Hlchia Active Member

Purchased!

11. xfrocks

Thank you. I hope you enjoy it :D

12. xfrocks

13. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

I'm a complete newb at this so could someone explain what's the advantage here? Is this just for images?

gordy likes this.
  14. xfrocks

Images or files in general. If you use S3, they can handle lots of bandwidth for you. If you use external data mode, it will make it easier on your server too (bypass all permission check etc.)

15. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Interesting. I'm assuming this is something you have to pay for? Does it affect caching as well or is that still server based?

16. xfrocks

If you use S3, yes you have to pay for the service.
    If you use external data, you don't have to pay anything. Caching is very much server dependent. With external data mode, you can setup a proxy before your web server (nginx -> Apache+PHP for example) and have great throughput.

17. miuiru

miuiru Member

with this addon is possible to store attachments on my own subdomain, i.e. data.mydomain.com?

18. xfrocks

Yes, just map the subdomain to the same directory as your primary domain. And change the externalDataUrl in your $config map (config.php).

19. Dakis

Dakis Well-Known Member

I have a question: will this also be in effect for the photos that will be uploaded from the XFUserAlbums addon? Since that add-on is treating photos as attachments, would that work there as well?

20. xfrocks

It should work. I haven't tested though, sorry.