[bd] Attachment Store [Deleted]

How do you go about reverting from this plugin? I have this one and Data Storage installed. I've moved all data back to my server, but upon running the tools... posts are still referencing data on S3 instead of locally. Am I doing something in the wrong order? I've moved data via the tool and rebuilt things a half dozen times.

Thank you

How do you go about reverting from this plugin? I have this one and Data Storage installed. I've moved all data back to my server, but upon running the tools... posts are still referencing data on S3 instead of locally. Am I doing something in the wrong order? I've moved data via the tool and rebuilt things a half dozen times.

Thank you
Did you move the files yourself or by the tool? Make sure you choose Default storage before running the tool, it will move files from their current storage to the configured one. For files that are still being pointed to S3, please find it in xf_attachment_data (by the data_id) and send me the row dump. Sorry for the inconvenience.

If you're willing, I'll get you access to make this easier. I have both add-ons of this nature installed that I'm trying to roll back.

Hi xfrocks, I have a couple of questions please.

I want to move the content of the internal_data folder to a CDN (probably CDN77 or similar)

Does XF / bd attachment store support this in any way?

How is the CDN populated initially? And in the future going forward?

Cheers

Chris

Hi xfrocks, I have a couple of questions please.

I want to move the content of the internal_data folder to a CDN (probably CDN77 or similar)

Does XF / bd attachment store support this in any way?

How is the CDN populated initially? And in the future going forward?

Cheers

Chris
You can upload to CDN77 via their FTP service. The add-on includes a tool to move existing files. New files will be uploaded to the cdn directly.

Did you move the files yourself or by the tool? Make sure you choose Default storage before running the tool, it will move files from their current storage to the configured one. For files that are still being pointed to S3, please find it in xf_attachment_data (by the data_id) and send me the row dump. Sorry for the inconvenience.
I have files in both locations still and yet the links in the database still point to the S3 storage.
Did you copy the files yourself? The tool should update the database after moving a file.

You can upload to CDN77 via their FTP service. The add-on includes a tool to move existing files. New files will be uploaded to the cdn directly.

Thank you, I just purchased it. However, it doesn't show in my purchased items page on xfrocks.com. I then purchased it again and it's done the same thing. Please refund me one of the transactions. And why the delay? Why isn't the plugin available immediately?

Thank you, I just purchased it. However, it doesn't show in my purchased items page on xfrocks.com. I then purchased it again and it's done the same thing. Please refund me one of the transactions. And why the delay? Why isn't the plugin available immediately?
What is your account on the site? The add-on is available as soon as your PayPal payment is cleared, which should be instantly...

What is your account on the site? The add-on is available as soon as your PayPal payment is cleared, which should be instantly...

It took nearly 5 hours. I'll send you a PM with payment details etc, defo paid twice.

Software is working brilliantly BTW, just uploading 50GB of files to a CDN.

Is there any reason the images imported into the CDN start at 2015? Is that random? I hope so because we've got threads going back more than 10 years.

It took nearly 5 hours. I'll send you a PM with payment details etc, defo paid twice.
Yes, please do.

Is there any reason the images imported into the CDN start at 2015? Is that random? I hope so because we've got threads going back more than 10 years.
Nope, it's not random. The year is from the attachment upload date. You can check the earliest attachment timestamp in xf_attachment_data.

Sorry for the late response, you can use their Push Zone and configure this add-on to upload files there via FTP.
Note: Push Zones are limited to 250’000 inodes (files and directories)

... something for those using KeyCDN to be aware of. Both my data\ and internal_data\ contents are over that limit. You can check via command line "find . -type f | wc -l"

I use KeyCDN, but not their PUSH zone due to the limits. It may be best to use a different provider to host attachments.

Note: Push Zones are limited to 250’000 inodes (files and directories)

... something for those using KeyCDN to be aware of. Both my data\ and internal_data\ contents are over that limit. You can check via command line "find . -type f | wc -l"
Why would they do that o_O More files should require more bandwidth, equals more revenue?! I guess they don't want to be abused with lots of small files...

Top Bottom