• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[bd] Anonymous Posting

I would love using this mod if all anonymous posts had to be moderated. Might get more postings from people that don't want to go to the trouble of registering, however moderation is mandatory or there will just be advertising spam or offensive posts. Anyway, great job so far on this!

Hi,

If i need to remove this feature anytime, do all the associated files and setting revert back to how it was before i added this add on?

Does it make changes to the database when installed?

If i remove the add on...... will be database be effected? can it be reverted back to how it was before adding this ADD ON?

Please reply.

Help...........

I've uploaded and installed the ADD ON...

But I can't see the option for Anonymous Post in quick reply..... why?

I can ONLT see the option in FULL REPLY...... why can I not see it in QUICK REPLY?

Please help, thanks.

Cant see the option to post anonymously anywhere other than in full reply, not showing on create new thread nor quick reply. This would be much better if it could be turned on and off for certain forums and had usergroup perms added too. Hope the first issue can be fixed, running XF 1.0.4, default style too.

Hi,

If i need to remove this feature anytime, do all the associated files and setting revert back to how it was before i added this add on?

Does it make changes to the database when installed?

If i remove the add on...... will be database be effected? can it be reverted back to how it was before adding this ADD ON?

Please reply.
Yes, you can uninstall the add-on anytime

Help...........

I've uploaded and installed the ADD ON...

But I can't see the option for Anonymous Post in quick reply..... why?

I can ONLT see the option in FULL REPLY...... why can I not see it in QUICK REPLY?

Please help, thanks.
There is an option to post in the quick reply box. If you don't see it, hmm, which style are you using?

Cant see the option to post anonymously anywhere other than in full reply, not showing on create new thread nor quick reply. This would be much better if it could be turned on and off for certain forums and had usergroup perms added too. Hope the first issue can be fixed, running XF 1.0.4, default style too.
I will look into this as you are having the same problem with ineedhelp :)

Are you sure you are running default style? In my setup, the quick reply box appears to be fine. This seems to be a conflict with other add-on I'm afraid

Yes, you can uninstall the add-on anytime

There is an option to post in the quick reply box. If you don't see it, hmm, which style are you using?

I am using the normal default xenforo template style.

I have seen the option on other sites... But why can't I see it on my site?

Default style with a couple of CSS changes only here, I am using other addons too but I have disabled them all other than this one and it doesnt show up other than on full reply.

Hi ineedhelp and Michael, it's best if you two start a conversation with me and send me the site info, I will come by and check if I can do anything.

Is it possible with this add-on to have one completely Anonymous node where everyone who posts is anonymous? Thread creator and replies alike?

Any update for it working on New Thread? I really need this for our forum as its pointless without it to us. Glad most of it is working though :)

v1.3.1 has just been released. You can now post new thread. Real poster info is attached and can be see by admin (configured in AdminCP > Options > Threads, Discussions and Conversations). Logs are available in AdminCP > Tools > Anonymous Posting Log.

v1.3.1 has just been released. You can now post new thread. Real poster info is attached and can be see by admin (configured in AdminCP > Options > Threads, Discussions and Conversations). Logs are available in AdminCP > Tools > Anonymous Posting Log.
Do you have screen please ?

There is a problem with the Anonymous posting.

When members are viewing a thread started by Anonymous users, all is fine!

BUT... When a member or guest is not logged into the forum and they see a thread started by Anonymous it says the following:

This was posted anonymously by: username

Please correct this mistake urgently, thank you!

There is a problem with the Anonymous posting.

When members are viewing a thread started by Anonymous users, all is fine!

BUT... When a member or guest is not logged into the forum and they see a thread started by Anonymous it says the following:

This was posted anonymously by: username

Please correct this mistake urgently, thank you!
This is fixed in 1.3.2. Sorry for the problem :)

Top Bottom