BBResource

WyldFyre

BBResource is a brand new resource site designed to serve the needs of forum administrators and resource site owners alike for the six major forum software providers.

Forum administrators are invited to list their communities in our directory and discuss the various resources available for their respective forum software brands, including modifications, skins, graphics, CDN's, hosting and more!

Resource site owners are invited to list their sites in the appropriate forum and discuss their offerings with our members.

Resource developers are welcome to use BBResource as a storefront for their products, which provides extra flexibility in acceptable payment methods. However, resource developers that provide free resources are encouraged to stick with the official Xenforo forums.

We also provide services such as forum software and modification installation, upgrades, and conversions, as well as advertising packages.

Some services that we provide for Xenforo communities will require a development board hosted by the customer until we obtain our Xenforo license within the next month or so. This is also why the topic is not posted in the appropriate forum at this time. We believe that we still have a lot to offer the Xenforo community.

Good luck! Admin Resource sites are getting harder to make popular with there being so many of them nowadays - seems to be more resource sites than there are forum administrators of late :D

I guess I'm skeptical when these forums pop up.

Here's how i think this will go just like many other admin/resource forums.

1. quickbuild
2. get people posting their resources, guides etc like crazy
3. 4-5 months passes
4. sell off to some spammer/company from the backbone of the members work.

I guess this is my experience with admin/resource forums and I honestly can't see this one being any different. Not interested but goodluck with it. (y)

I guess I'm skeptical when these forums pop up.

Here's how i think this will go just like many other admin/resource forums.

1. quickbuild
2. get people posting their resources, guides etc like crazy
3. 4-5 months passes
4. sell off to some spammer/company from the backbone of the members work.

I guess this is my experience with admin/resource forums and I honestly can't see this one being any different. Not interested but goodluck with it. (y)
By all means, I can understand the skepticism. :)

This is actually the second incarnation of BBResource. The first time I opened the site was back in 2002 when I was staff at Invision Power Services. Due to my position with the company, we didn't offer forum services at the time, so the site was basically a resource directory. Now that I am no longer affiliated with a forum software developer, Dimitry and I have rebuilt BBR as a storefront for the more popular brands as well as an internet 411 for resources.

I have never and will never sell personal information.

Good luck! Admin Resource sites are getting harder to make popular with there being so many of them nowadays - seems to be more resource sites than there are forum administrators of late :D
Thank you. :)

I've done some looking around, and although there are a lot of resource sites out there, I couldn't really find any that do what we are out to do with BBR. :)

Also, we want to give forum administrators a place to provide feedback on resource sites so we all know which ones provide quality services and which ones are a sham.

Thank you. :)

I've done some looking around, and although there are a lot of resource sites out there, I couldn't really find any that do what we are out to do with BBR. :)

Really? You have the default standard forums all admin forums have in place, a directory which they all have, and (so far) absolutely no content. I'm afraid I'm not seeing anything that hasn't been done already.

Either way, I wish you good luck, it's an overloaded niche already so you really need to offer something exceptionally different - which, upon inspection,I'm not seeing.

You have a nice homepage style though, I'll give you that :D

Really? You have the default standard forums all admin forums have in place, a directory which they all have, and (so far) absolutely no content. I'm afraid I'm not seeing anything that hasn't been done already.

Either way, I wish you good luck, it's an overloaded niche already so you really need to offer something exceptionally different - which, upon inspection,I'm not seeing.

You have a nice homepage style though, I'll give you that :D
I'm sorry you feel that way. I believe our Depot and Shop offers products and services that many resource sites do not, and few resource sites offer other resource sites to list and discuss their services.

In my experience, most resource sites focus only on their own offerings. Those that offer to let other sites to list their sites rarely have services of their own. We bridge that gap by catering to both markets as well as provide a place for community administrators of all forum software types to compare forum software as well as other forum resources.

I will admit we are low on content at this time, being a brand new site. It is something that we need to work on. :)

I'm sorry you feel that way. I believe our Depot and Shop offers products and services that many resource sites do not, and few resource sites offer other resource sites to list and discuss their services.

In my experience, most resource sites focus only on their own offerings.
Not at all, your depot and shop offers nothing that many many existing (and large) resource sites offer already and with a history to back them up. Most resource sites are also open to all their members offering their services to each other and is, in fact, one of the major points of a resource forum in the first place - a point of contact to find people with the talents you need.

Those that offer to let other sites to list their sites rarely have services of their own. We bridge that gap by catering to both markets as well as provide a place for community administrators of all forum software types to compare forum software as well as other forum resources.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that point. Most of the resource sites I know allow sites to list themselves, have services on offer of their own and offer products and services both of their own and offered by the people who visit :) My guess is you haven't looked as hard as you think to find them. In fact, they're very easy to find. . .

I will admit we are low on content at this time, being a brand new site. It is something that we need to work on. :)

This is one of the things that bothers me the most about your advertisement - because, let's be honest, that's exactly what it is. You have taken your site live with absolutely no content. You have nothing in place to bring in members, no posts of any note, nothing of interest to read.. just a lot of unproved claims of originality.

I'm sorry if I sound a harsh and critical monster but reviewing sites is one of my little things that I do and I see little point in not being honest. :)

Not at all, your depot and shop offers nothing that many many existing (and large) resource sites offer already and with a history to back them up. Most resource sites are also open to all their members offering their services to each other and is, in fact, one of the major points of a resource forum in the first place - a point of contact to find people with the talents you need.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that point. Most of the resource sites I know allow sites to list themselves, have services on offer of their own and offer products and services both of their own and offered by the people who visit :) My guess is you haven't looked as hard as you think to find them. In fact, they're very easy to find. . .
By all means, please share a link?

Sure, there are sites out there that provide resources for one forum software provider (like mods for Xenforo, or mods for vB, or mods for IPB), but I don't see any sites offering a storefront for people to list their resources for several different software engines.

Also, most resource sites only provide their own resources, we also allow others to share or sell their resources using our site, on top of providing custom design work (as featured in our Portfolio).

This is one of the things that bothers me the most about your advertisement - because, let's be honest, that's exactly what it is.
I never claimed it was otherwise. :)

You have taken your site live with absolutely no content. You have nothing in place to bring in members, no posts of any note, nothing of interest to read.. just a lot of unproved claims of originality.
Our focus for opening has been the design, layout, structure, mechanics, and legalities involved with running an online business. Because, let's be honest, that's exactly what it is. :)

BBR is not a general chat forum. It will be populated with content that is relevant to community administrators, not jammed up with useless posts to look pretty with numbers.

For future reference, you might want to use "unproven" instead of "unproved". :)

I'm sorry if I sound a harsh and critical monster but reviewing sites is one of my little things that I do and I see little point in not being honest. :)

You seem to view me as competition, and that's unfortunate if that is so. I prefer mutual respect over tit for tat sniping.

By all means, please share a link?

Sure, there are sites out there that provide resources for one forum software provider (like mods for Xenforo, or mods for vB, or mods for IPB), but I don't see any sites offering a storefront for people to list their resources for several different software engines.

Also, most resource sites only provide their own resources, we also allow others to share or sell their resources using our site, on top of providing custom design work (as featured in our Portfolio).

Sure there are. I'm not going to do your homework for you though :)

I never claimed it was otherwise. :)

Never said you did :)

Our focus for opening has been the design, layout, structure, mechanics, and legalities involved with running an online business. Because, let's be honest, that's exactly what it is. :)

I think that's the crux of it - you're running a business. But you have a forum, therefore you need a content-filled forum to entice people.

BBR is not a general chat forum. It will be populated with content that is relevant to community administrators, not jammed up with useless posts to look pretty with numbers.

But it's not now and that's the content you need to pull in the members that you're looking for to share the resources you don't have.

For future reference, you might want to use "unproven" instead of "unproved". :)

Really? You're pulling me on one tiny grammatical error? :)

You seem to view me as competition, and that's unfortunate if that is so. I prefer mutual respect over tit for tat sniping.
Competition - not at all. Anyone who knows me knows I am of the opinion that there's more than enough room for everyone. Not to mention the obvious point that I am not doing anything with my own site currently - it's sitting gathering dust :)

I'm sorry you see my comments as sniping, since they're nothing of the sort. But, as they say, truth hurts and I fully expected you to play the competition card at some point :) I'm simply trying to give some advice with regards to the advertisement you posted.

On a positive note, I did say I liked your homepage LOL But you might want to do something with that awful white line border around your forum - it detracts from the style.

I read an article the other day when starting a site always expect and never assume people will post, always expect to do the work, post your content, resources etc. Just out of curiosity what are you offering to kickstart your site? afterall, enticement is key that will make a site sustainable in the long term.

On another note, i agree the outline is doing nothing for your style which resides in #content outline: 1px solid #bdbdbd might want to remove that.

Ps. Don't even bother commenting on my grammatical errors. My primary language is english and I'm terrible with it.

Of course, I wish any site (bar one) the best of luck and hopefully you'll make it a great success.

... until we obtain our Xenforo license within the next month or so. This is also why the topic is not posted in the appropriate forum at this time. We believe that we still have a lot to offer the Xenforo community.

This is where I might have waited. Built up the site a bit. Got the XF license, and then posted to say what services you are offering to the XF community.

Just out of interest, why did you go with IP.Board? Did you already have the license and have just reused it for the BBR site, or do you have a personal preference for it?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

I read an article the other day when starting a site always expect and never assume people will post, always expect to do the work, post your content, resources etc. Just out of curiosity what are you offering to kickstart your site? afterall, enticement is key that will make a site sustainable in the long term.

On another note, i agree the outline is doing nothing for your style which resides in #content outline: 1px solid #bdbdbd might want to remove that.

Ps. Don't even bother commenting on my grammatical errors. My primary language is english and I'm terrible with it.

Of course, I wish any site (bar one) the best of luck and hopefully you'll make it a great success.
Thank you, I have passed along your suggestion to Dimitry. :)

This is where I might have waited. Built up the site a bit. Got the XF license, and then posted to say what services you are offering to the XF community.

Just out of interest, why did you go with IP.Board? Did you already have the license and have just reused it for the BBR site, or do you have a personal preference for it?

Cheers,
Shaun :D
Hello Shaun,

I can certainly understand your point of view. :)

To answer your question, we went with IP.Board because the download center and e-commerce software integrates extremely well with the forums since they're all designed by the same company. I am also more familiar with the forum engine, having been with IPB for nearly a decade and spending a couple years with the company as staff.

Were we to use a different forum software, integration would be a challenge and we'd have to deal with learning the ins and outs of a new forum software engine as well as a new download center and e-commerce solution. The community suite was an easier choice all around for our site. That is not to say the same would be true for everyone by any means.

I have always said that there is no such thing as a "best" forum software, and that administrators need to compare all the options available and go with the software that best meets their particular needs.

Top Bottom