BbCode Multimedia - Html5media

BbCode Multimedia - Html5media 1.2.0

No permission to download
@cclaerhout thanks for this amazing resource again. I can't begin which one I should praise more!

I'd like to add 3gp and flv files to my posts. I have added these mime typs into my apache config, added them to the options but they don't work:

HTML:
    AddType video/mp4 mp4 m4v f4v f4p
    AddType video/ogg ogv
    AddType video/webm webm
    AddType video/x-flv flv
    AddType video/quicktime .mov .qt
    AddType video/asf .asf .asx .wax .wmv .wmx
    AddType video/avi .avi
    AddType video/divx .divx
    AddType video/mpeg .mpeg .mpg .mpe
    AddType video/3gpp .3gpp .3gp
    AddType video/3gpp2 .3gpp2 .3g2
    AddType audio/x-realaudio .ra .ram
    AddType audio/midi .mid .midi
    AddType audio/mpeg .mp3 .m4a
    AddType audio/ogg .ogg
    AddType audio/wav .wav
    AddType audio/wma .wma

The FLV embedd shows a warning "The mime type isn't supported and the 3gp embedd is disappearing when one clicks...

These are my multimedia settings by the way:

2107032334.png

Last edited:
@yavuz
I don't think these formats are supported by the media tags. Did you have a look at the link provided in the presentation of this addon ?

@yavuz
I don't think these formats are supported by the media tags. Did you have a look at the link provided in the presentation of this addon ?

Yes, you're right. They support spesific file formats only. Thanks for pointing that out. One last question; I've been playing around and noticed that the thread doesn't stop loading until the media is fully loaded. For instance I have uploaded a 100 MB big clip as an attachment and the page still shows loading until all the clip is fully loaded. Could we make it so that the media loads only when we click "play"?

Thank you again. (y)(y)

Yes, you're right. They support spesific file formats only. Thanks for pointing that out. One last question; I've been playing around and noticed that the thread doesn't stop loading until the media is fully loaded. For instance I have uploaded a 100 MB big clip as an attachment and the page still shows loading until all the clip is fully loaded. Could we make it so that the media loads only when we click "play"?

Thank you again. (y)(y)
Yes, I know, I have to make it as an option too. The html5 video & audio tags have a property called "preload" that can be configured (check here). I'm not sure if it's needed to put it as an a Bb Code individual option or as a global option for all the"av" Bb Codes. But this will be done. I haven't done it yet because my share hosting server doesn't really support streaming (it's laggy), so that was not a priority. If you need to change it immediately, just edit the template "sedo_bbcode_multimedia" and add a value to "preload" (I think "metadata" should be the one you want ; I haven't tested it).

Yes, I know, I have to make it as an option too. The html5 video & audio tags have a property called "preload" that can be configured (check here). I'm not sure if it's needed to put it as an a Bb Code individual option or as a global option for all the"av" Bb Codes. But this will be done. I haven't done it yet because my share hosting server doesn't really support streaming (it's laggy), so that was not a priority. If you need to change it immediately, just edit the template "sedo_bbcode_multimedia" and add a value to "preload" (I think "metadata" should be the one you want ; I haven't tested it).

Sorry I'm a noob :oops: I stare at the code and it stares right back at me. I'd be happy to provide feedback on how and if it's working. Would you be kind and modify it for me? :oops:

PHP:
<xen:require css="sedo_bbcode_multimedia.css" />
<xen:require js="js/sedo/html5media/html5media.min.js" />

<div     class="sedo_bb_media {$options.css}"
    {xen:if '!{$options.responsiveMode}', 'style="width:{$options.width}px"'}>
<xen:if is="{$options.isValid}">
    <xen:if is="{$options.mediaType} == 'audio'">
        <xen:if is="{$options.fallback}">
            <audio controls preload>
                <source src="{xen:raw $content}"></source>
                <source src="{xen:raw $options.fallback}"></source>
            </audio>
        <xen:else />
            <audio src="{xen:raw $content}" controls preload></audio>
        </xen:if>
        <xen:if is="{$options.fallback}">
                <video     class="{xen:if '{$options.displayNoViewPerms}', 'noperms'}"
                    {xen:if '!{$options.responsiveMode}', 'width="{$options.width}" height="{$options.height}"'}
                    {xen:if '{$options.poster}', 'poster="{$options.poster}"'}
                    controls preload>
                        <source src="{xen:raw $content}"></source>
                        <source src="{xen:raw $options.fallback}"></source>
                </video>
            <video src="{xen:raw $content}" width="{$options.width}" height="{$options.height}" {xen:if '{$options.poster}', 'poster="{$options.poster}"'} controls preload></video>
    <xen:if is="{$options.caption} OR {$options.displayNoViewPerms}">
        <p class="caption {$options.cssCaption}">{xen:if '{$options.displayNoViewPerms}', '{xen:phrase sedo_html5media_no_perms}', '{$options.caption}'}</p>
    <p class="invalid">{xen:phrase sedo_html5media_file_not_valid}</p>
</div>

Search:
HTML:
preload
Try to replace with:
HTML:
preload="metadata"

It should work, but once again, I've time to test it yet. You can also try preload="none", but this will prevent to have any information about the video.

Search:
HTML:
preload
Try to replace with:
HTML:
preload="metadata"

It should work, but once again, I've time to test it yet. You can also try preload="none", but this will prevent to have any information about the video.

The first one didn't work but the second one did. Much better this way. Once again, thank you (y)

[av=fallback|853x480|22463]|22460[/av]

I have also tried it without the dimensions and image.
There's an error here, the fallback should be inside the Bb Code content separated by a |. Is it the Mce UI which gave you the result ? If yes, i need to fix this.

There's an error here, the fallback should be inside the Bb Code content separated by a |. Is it the Mce UI which gave you the result ? If yes, i need to fix this.

I generated the code with the TinMCE editor yes, didn't touch it myself.

It's working for me. Did you insert the fallback inside the fallback tab?

I'm not sure I have understood your question :oops:

I clicked on the button in the editor, then went to the fallback tab, selected the media and clicked save. The result, does not work for me: [av=fallback]|22460[/av]

I'm not sure I have understood your question :oops:

I clicked on the button in the editor, then went to the fallback tab, selected the media and clicked save. The result, does not work for me: [av=fallback]|22460[/av]
But you must select the main video, then a fallback to this video. A fallback can't be alone. Fallback means the solution that should be applied when the first one (or the previous ones) didn't work. It's like a life belt.

Top Bottom