Not a bug BBCode auto closing (aware that as designed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halfdanjal

Affected version
v2.1.10 Patch 2
Good day,

Not really a bug report, but I was unable to post elsewhere. I am using Xenforo v2.1.10 Patch 2 and from what I was able to find, automatic bbcode closing is designed feature which is completely fine, but I am wondering if there really shouldn't be a way to disable this? Migration was done from considerably old vBulletin version some time ago and many users like to use their names in square brackets, coincidentally one very old bbcode is "VN" and a certain user wants to put an emphasis on him being from Vietnam, so every time they are tagged, their VN transforms into bbcode. I've disabled that exact bbcode in chat, but still, tagging in posts will do the same. I don't feel like forcing a user to change their name due to design issue, I'd much rather disable auto closing. Also, changing bbcode is not really an option, since it has been around for about 8 years if not more.

So, my question is, will it be possible some day or are there no plans to make an enable / disable option for auto bbcode closing?

If you require support, you will need to associate your forum user name with your customer account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom