• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

BB Code Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
What with it being a holiday eve and all, would you mind answering a couple of questions that may or may not already be answered in this thread and save me from reading the whole thing? And in case the answer is yes, I'll go ahead and ask the questions:

1) Is there any way to add buttons now? (Just yes or no -- if yes I'll read the thread and find it.)

2) Is there any way to allow BBcodes inside BBcodes or, specifically, (for example), stop the spoiler bbcode from negating any bbcode inside it (like italics)? (Again, just yes or no.)

Thanks either way - and thanks for this Mod, I am very very grateful. :)

1) Right now, no. Once I release v1.2, my entire focus is on figuring that one out. Shouldn't be long.
2) Yes, they all should allow it (using PHP callback allows it in all the default versions) and all simple replacements allow it unless you specifically deny it in here.

Awesome King-K , you are a beast .(period spoken aloud) I'll be checking for that new version !!!
If your not too too busy later would you mind very much if I contacted you via PC for a quick question and a proposition of sorts.

Awesome King-K , you are a beast .(period spoken aloud) I'll be checking for that new version !!!
If your not too too busy later would you mind very much if I contacted you via PC for a quick question and a proposition of sorts.
Sure. Send me a PC now?

1) Right now, no. Once I release v1.2, my entire focus is on figuring that one out. Shouldn't be long.
2) Yes, they all should allow it (using PHP callback allows it in all the default versions) and all simple replacements allow it unless you specifically deny it in here.

I'm glad to know about the first, and ... puzzled about the second, because the spoiler bbcode disables any bbcode inside it. But I'll see if I can figure it out myself. Thanks very much for the replies! :)

I'm glad to know about the first, and ... puzzled about the second, because the spoiler bbcode disables any bbcode inside it. But I'll see if I can figure it out myself. Thanks very much for the replies! :)
It should be working fine for you. It works fine on mine and I haven't touched the spoiler code. (not that I remember at least.) But it uses a PHP Callback, which requires the actual BB Code to say, hey, let's parse it. All the default BB Codes should support it (except flash).

I just wanted told say that I kinda lied. But tomorrow or Friday for sure. Features for v1.3 are already set and decided upon, so you can expect a rapid update.

It should be working fine for you. It works fine on mine and I haven't touched the spoiler code. (not that I remember at least.) But it uses a PHP Callback, which requires the actual BB Code to say, hey, let's parse it. All the default BB Codes should support it (except flash).

Maybe I edited a template wrong or something. Thanks for your help!

Can you download and open that file from the server, and look at line 62. Is it the following:
PHP:
        $content = $parentClass->renderSubTree($tag['children'], $rendererStates);

If its not, re-upload files.

Looking...

Okay, I don't have anything that displays line numbers, but using the toolbar search it looks like I have it. Copied and pasted...

$content = $parentClass->renderSubTree($tag['children'], $rendererStates);

(Don't worry about it, obviously it's a screwup on my end ... I'll figure it out eventually. Or, learn to live with it.)

Before I take the "next" step in helping you, can you see if you have the old BbCodeManager directory still in your library? If not, can you send me a PC so I can request details to see what your directories looks like and try to help you out?

Before I take the "next" step in helping you, can you see if you have the old BbCodeManager directory still in your library? If not, can you send me a PC so I can request details to see what your directories looks like and try to help you out?

I honestly don't even know what I'm looking for. I'll PC you, but I don't want to eat up your holiday with this, plus truly I'm grateful to have any kind of a spoiler code at all. So, don't feel like you have to answer this now.

I honestly don't even know what I'm looking for. I'll PC you, but I don't want to eat up your holiday with this, plus truly I'm grateful to have any kind of a spoiler code at all. So, don't feel like you have to answer this now.

Send me a PC, and I will help until I leave. :) Its not like I actually want to go crazy with the family. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom