BB Code Manager: BB Code XML Repository

Jeremy

in memoriam 1991-2020
I have started this thread as a central place to store any & all BB code XML files that are meant to be imported into my BB Code Manager, the link may be found in my signature. I may start to create a list in this post for easy access. But, alas, release away!

powered by flowplayer

____________________________________​

First you must install this addon.

The xxmP_bbcodes_remote.zip
contains basically the same bbcodes but it is for manually adding remote videos of a known domain/path/to/file.xxx (flv mp4 mv4)

If your forum is installed in a sub-directory you will need to edit the bbcodes simple replacement start.
edit:
Code:
<a class="xxmPlayer"      href="/data/media/
If I installed xenforo in mysite.com/forum/ I would add /forum to the href...
Code:
<a class="xxmPlayer"      href="/forum/data/media/

Do this for all xxmp bbcodes.

Attachments

I did actually tweak them a bit so I've just uploaded the new versions.
Nothing major, just some padding.

How long ago did you upload the zips? I literally just downloaded them maybe 15 minutes ago and want to make sure I don't re-import them if I don't have to.

To be honest I can't remember :oops:

I'm usually working on umpteen different tasks at once so keeping track is tricky :D

To be honest I can't remember :oops:

I'm usually working on umpteen different tasks at once so keeping track is tricky :D
HA! I can feel that ,I had made a bunch of bbcodes and didn't realize I was saving them over ones that I also had just created...so when I took the time to see what I had done....I found that I had one bbcode completed :)

Maybe we could add a XenSec mod to be your digital secretary :p

Here is the bbcode for the trailer website www.traileraddict.com. I had this for a while and wanted to share.

Installation:

- Upload the content of the Upload folder to your xenforo root.
- In your admin panel; Go to BB Code Manager - Import New BB Code
- Upload the .xml file.
- Use [trailer]9319[/trailer] to show trailer.

The ID can easily be found by searching the trailer page's source for "emd". After emd is the trailers ID. There is currently not a better way to show the trailers. If anyone has a better approach, please share :)

Attachments

Now KingKovifor helped me out with the BBCode thing, here's a simple one, but I like it :) Works well for my music forum for artist bios, but can also work well for "meet the staff" threads, you can have things like

[bio="Admin"]
Some info about admin
[/bio]

And it would show a picture of Admin also.

you need to add this CSS to extra.css

Code:
.aBio {
float:right;
display:inline;
padding:10px;
}

and import the bbcode. Here's how mine looks. Remember to upload any images to /styles/bios/ - changable in the bbcode itself :)

remixforumz-custombbcode.webp

Attachments

Now KingKovifor helped me out with the BBCode thing, here's a simple one, but I like it :) Works well for my music forum for artist bios, but can also work well for "meet the staff" threads, you can have things like

[bio="Admin"]
Some info about admin
[/bio]

And it would show a picture of Admin also.

you need to add this CSS to extra.css

Code:
.aBio {
float:right;
display:inline;
padding:10px;
}

and import the bbcode. Here's how mine looks. Remember to upload any images to /styles/bios/ - changable in the bbcode itself :)

View attachment 9736
I'll be testing this one out today after I install rc1. This is a good look Mikey, If you don't mind I would like to customize this for another need of mine since you basically started the containing template that I would have to build for my new page element.

I'll be testing this one out today after I install rc1. This is a good look Mikey, If you don't mind I would like to customize this for another need of mine since you basically started the containing template that I would have to build for my new page element.
Sure thing, have fun with it, I wouldnt have posted it if i wanted it all to myself, it's just an idea. :)

Could someone have mercy on me and save me from reading all the BBcode threads to find the answer to this one question? Namely, is it possible yet to assign a button to a custom BBcode?

Top Bottom