1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BB Code Manager: BB Code XML Repository

Discussion in 'Other Releases' started by Jeremy, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I have started this thread as a central place to store any & all BB code XML files that are meant to be imported into my BB Code Manager, the link may be found in my signature. I may start to create a list in this post for easy access. But, alas, release away!

K4su, kamaran, SchmitzIT and 7 others like this.
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

And to complete the Hx family for your BB Code Manager, here's the XMLs for H3-H6.

Attached Files:

SchmitzIT, Basil, beduino and 3 others like this.
  3. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

powered by flowplayer

____________________________________​

First you must install this addon.

The xxmP_bbcodes_remote.zip
    contains basically the same bbcodes but it is for manually adding remote videos of a known domain/path/to/file.xxx (flv mp4 mv4)

If your forum is installed in a sub-directory you will need to edit the bbcodes simple replacement start.
    edit:
    Code:
    <a class="xxmPlayer"      href="/data/media/

If I installed xenforo in mysite.com/forum/ I would add /forum to the href...
    Code:
    <a class="xxmPlayer"      href="/forum/data/media/

Do this for all xxmp bbcodes.

Attached Files:

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

A few from me.

Screenshot to save you downloading them if you're not interested.
    bb_code.png

Attached Files:

K4su, maszd, StRonK and 14 others like this.
  5. EQnoble

Just got around to testing all of them Bro-Man, all 100% working fine for me thanks:)

6. Brogan

I did actually tweak them a bit so I've just uploaded the new versions.
    Nothing major, just some padding.

EQnoble likes this.
  7. EQnoble

How long ago did you upload the zips? I literally just downloaded them maybe 15 minutes ago and want to make sure I don't re-import them if I don't have to.

8. Brogan

I renamed it so if you didn't download brogan_bbcode.zip then you have the old versions.

EQnoble likes this.
  9. EQnoble

Excellent, I will grab those right now...are all of them changed or just selective ones.

10. Brogan

To be honest I can't remember :oops:

I'm usually working on umpteen different tasks at once so keeping track is tricky :D

11. EQnoble

HA! I can feel that ,I had made a bunch of bbcodes and didn't realize I was saving them over ones that I also had just created...so when I took the time to see what I had done....I found that I had one bbcode completed :)

Maybe we could add a XenSec mod to be your digital secretary :p

Brogan likes this.
  12. EQnoble

This is a simple solution i came up with to embed pdf files from localhost. It can be modified to be used for remote pdf docs as well. If you need that let it be known and I will add that here as well.
    osl1.png
    Edit: updated 5.5.11 2:07am

Attached Files:

khang.nguyen, erich37, pnf and 4 others like this.
  13. EQnoble

And a requested google docs pdf embedding code, I will take a try at the Regex for easy replacement and update if i succeed but no quick guarantees.

this1.png

Attached Files:

14. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

Here is the bbcode for the trailer website www.traileraddict.com. I had this for a while and wanted to share.

Installation:

- Upload the content of the Upload folder to your xenforo root.
    - In your admin panel; Go to BB Code Manager - Import New BB Code
    - Upload the .xml file.
    - Use [trailer]9319[/trailer] to show trailer.

The ID can easily be found by searching the trailer page's source for "emd". After emd is the trailers ID. There is currently not a better way to show the trailers. If anyone has a better approach, please share :)

Attached Files:

15. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Now KingKovifor helped me out with the BBCode thing, here's a simple one, but I like it :) Works well for my music forum for artist bios, but can also work well for "meet the staff" threads, you can have things like

[bio="Admin"]
    Some info about admin
    [/bio]

And it would show a picture of Admin also.

you need to add this CSS to extra.css

Code:
    .aBio {
    float:right;
    display:inline;
    padding:10px;
    }

and import the bbcode. Here's how mine looks. Remember to upload any images to /styles/bios/ - changable in the bbcode itself :)

remixforumz-custombbcode.png

Attached Files:

Kaynil, DRE, addaco and 2 others like this.
  16. EQnoble

I'll be testing this one out today after I install rc1. This is a good look Mikey, If you don't mind I would like to customize this for another need of mine since you basically started the containing template that I would have to build for my new page element.

Mikey likes this.
  17. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Sure thing, have fun with it, I wouldnt have posted it if i wanted it all to myself, it's just an idea. :)

Renada and EQnoble like this.
  18. EQnoble

he steps up to the line...and the clutch play ...buckets!!!! +1 for this comment

Mikey likes this.
  19. Renada

Renada Active Member

Could anyone help with a bbcode for excel files?

20. anotheralias

anotheralias Well-Known Member

Could someone have mercy on me and save me from reading all the BBcode threads to find the answer to this one question? Namely, is it possible yet to assign a button to a custom BBcode?