XF 2.1 BB code for mouseover tooltips and thumbnails

Akimbo

1599156074280.png
Can anyone help with custom BB code for a hyperlink that will support mouseover Tooltips and thumbnails? Something like this image from Wikipedia would be exceptionally useful for us (ScubaBoard.com).

Ideally, having the option to open the link in a new tab/window would also be useful, even if separate custom BB codes were required (which might be simpler for our non-technical members).

I have working HTML code for hyperlinks that display a tooltip and opens in a new tab but I haven't been successful tuning that into custom BB code. At best I'm a newbie HTML code hacker so be gentle. :confused:

Last edited:

It's a very simple bb code though - just requires two inputs - one for the URL/text, another for the tooltip contents.

It's a very simple bb code though - just requires two inputs - one for the URL/text, another for the tooltip contents.
We don't have any custom BB code examples that use more than one text input. Do you just use the {text} variable twice or does a second one have to be defined somewhere?

It's been a long time since I worked with custom bb codes - I seem to recall it being available in XF1 (edit: It wasn't - I was obviously confusing it with phpBB) but it looks like it's not in XF2.

There is this add-on however:

Last edited:
Top Bottom