XF 1.2 batch update active user upgrades

Mr Lucky

I can't find a way to do this via the normal batch update. The list of active user upgrades has all the users listed, but the user=names there are not links to their profiles, so iI wonder if there is any easier way to do this other than copy/past the user name one by one into a user search and upgrade each one manually.

Or is there some other way please?

If they're listed as active users, they then have the upgrade already.

So I'm confused as to what you're asking?

I want to give them more.

Actually after importing from vBulletin, they don't have the secondary usergroup i want them to have, as I have changed the whole usergroup system so I need to be able to edit them, ideally as a batch.

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to batch edit them. I wouldn't really recommend giving them the group manually either, because then the system sees that you've given it to them manually, rather than via the upgrade system, so the change isn't attached as you may expect (thus they wouldn't lose the group on expiration).

In this situation, as it stands, I think you'd need to downgrade the users and then manually upgrade them. That should trigger the group changes correctly (and with the correct upgrade association). I do appreciate that this is going to be a big pain though.

My problem was after importing from vbulletin, I didn't think of this. All these paid subscribers were in a paid subscriber group as primary, but after reading various advice on xenforo use of groups and permissions, I batch moved all users with a certain number of posts into registered with a secondary group. So all my paid subscribers lost their primary group and are now just the same as everyone else who has over 5o posts.

It's not so bad, I have about 40 to do, if I keep two windows open, one to downgrade from the list and one to manually upgrade it won't take long. Thanks for the warning about just adding the secondary group, I can see why that would not work too well at the expiration date.

Last edited:
Top Bottom