Basic [Deleted]

Just noticed the breadcrumb is going across multiple lines when on mobile

Screenshot_2015-06-13-17-58-47.webp

I've not changed any of the settings yet, it's totally "as is" when installed.

Also seems limited to categories, as a thread inside the category above looks fine
Screenshot_2015-06-13-18-03-06.webp

Thanks for reporting, I'll fix it!

Unfortunately I've just released update like 15 minutes ago, so fix won't make it in update. I'll post solution here.

Arty updated Basic with a new update entry:

Bug fixes, customizable avatar width in posts

Changes from previous version:
  • New feature: ability to customize avatar width in posts. You can customize it in style properties -> message layout. Note: if you set avatar width above 96px, avatars might no longer be square for some users (that's because XenForo doesn't trim large avatars)
  • Glyphs on sidebar now work correctly with Widget Framework.
  • Fixed ajax dropdown menus when alternative navigation is enabled.
  • Chrome browser was displaying default navigation for a...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for reporting, I'll fix it!

Unfortunately I've just released update like 15 minutes ago, so fix won't make it in update. I'll post solution here.
Thanks Arty, no worries. I'm away for the next 2 weeks, so no rush for me.

@MattW: add this to extra.css
Code:
@media (max-width: 450px) {
  .breadcrumb .crumb span {
    display: inline-block;
    max-width: 100px;
    overflow: hidden;
    text-overflow: ellipsis;
    vertical-align: top;
    white-space: nowrap;
  }
}

Resource bug fix.

basic.bug.0001.webp
FIX:
Code:
.primaryContent.resourceUpdate {
  border-bottom: 3px solid @blocksInnerBorder;
}

basic.bug.0001.fix.webp

Last edited:
Hey Arty, I think this is the best xenforo theme out there... Really well done! :)

I have a few of questions,

I do not like the jumping out of the static menu as you scroll down. Is it possible to use the "Simple Navigation" and have that stickied on scrolling down without the sticky navigation jumping out upon scrolling down. What I would also do is put my small logo to the left of the simple navigation and have no empty space above the simple navigation. Thoughts?

What's the IE compatibility like? My forum is primarily business users many of whom **still** use IE8!

Thanks!

Navigation without jumping: no. There are 2 issues with that:
1. Sticky navigation uses slightly different layout, so layout change will happen
2. Customers were complaining that on slow computers javascript was causing issues, so I've throttled events to reduce amount of calculations. Onresize event is parsed no more than once every 500ms, so there could be up to half a second delay in menu switching from/to sticky navigation, therefore jumping.

IE8 support: it might work. I've tested it once few months ago and wrote additional css file to fix some IE8 issues, but that was a while ago and nobody complained about old IE support, so I don't know how well it works.

Hello Arty,

Is it possible to disable the second row on navigation links (Mark Forums Read, Search Forums..) entirely and always show them only when main tab is hovered?

To add, I want to show the sub links always as a drop down even for the selected tab. Suggestions... :)

Currently there is no option for that, but its a good idea. I'll see what can be done for release for XF 1.5

Currently there is no option for that, but its a good idea. I'll see what can be done for release for XF 1.5

Hey Arty, I know it's been only a little while now... :) But when are your plans to update this for XF 1.5

But when are your plans to update this for XF 1.5
Probably in about 3-4 weeks. That is unless 1.5 will be released sooner. I'm currently travelling, will be back in about 2 weeks, so it will take a while.

Top Bottom