• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.1 banning 'Mac Address'..

do not know if in this script there is a way of banning the "Mac Address"..know one can ban the IP number..but...............thank you.

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
And no one ever will, either.

It's impossible. There is no mechanism on either the server or client side to send or receive the MAC address.

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
I doubt they can, but even if they can it won't be using technology that will ever be accessible to anyone outside the military.

I'm a qualified Cisco engineer, and as a result I know that in computer networking the source MAC address changes at each device it passes through so it's never visible past your own home router/modem.

yes you are correct ,my business partner [military] was one of those ppl who served in intelligence division and he suggested that I ask about the Mac address, and will have a read about your response..thank you.

in another thread 'add-ons', you questioned the op about the number of blocks in his home page..do you know how to create more blocks?

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Blocks for what?

XenPorta blocks?

I don't know how to create custom blocks. Our site uses only blocks that come with XenPorta.