1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Banners?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Ruone Delacroix, Sep 21, 2010.

1. I've just noticed something about XenForo that I'm not really sure about. Is there going to be support for custom banners? I've tried searching around, but i wasn't quite able to find anything about the subject.

If so, would it be pretty easy to implement into the software? 

2. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Not sure what you mean by Custom banners?

Do you mean on the skin? Will you be able to add your own Banner? If so definately :)

3. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

Are you referring to modified templates to allow for banner placement, or something more?

If you do not mind, can you expand on what you would like to see with respect to banners?

4. Mr_Bob

Mr_Bob Well-Known Member

If you're referring to User Rank Images, I think I read somewhere that user titles can include HTML, therefore allowing for rank banners. However, a rank system in place would be pretty sweet, seeing as ranks can then stack.

If you're referring to the banner at the top of the page, that can be changed to your liking via the style system.

If something else, very sorry for wasting your time :).

5. I was referring to the banners that go at the top of the page (usually having logos with renders and all that junk). It's something I really haven't given much thought about until now, so I had to ask just to make sure. Thanks for the quick replies.

6. Lawrence

The logo for your own site? You can specify your own, :)

7. I know, I was just saying a "definition" as I was typing for clarification. I'm not really too great with formal terminology for a lot of things (mainly graphics and forums), so I'd thought I'd throw in a little insight as to what I meant.

8. Lawrence

It's ok. :) Ask any question you want. We'll try our best to answer it. If we are not sure what you are asking, we will let you know. And if you are not sure of our answer, let us know. :)

btw, welcome to XenForo, Ruone. Very nice to have you here.

9. Thanks for the welcome. Always nice to see staff (and others of course) welcoming newcomers.

Lawrence likes this.
  10. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Yes, you can add images into the header using templates, or you can just change the image file used for the logo. :)

11. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

I would say with a bit of tinkering you'll be able to get banners, multi-part banners, drop down banners, happening. Have an IPS skin I want to convert in time for Halloween and that involves a two part banner, shouldn't be an issue you would think.

12. That sounds amazing! I wish I was more knowledgable in programming now with all the little tweaks and everything.

13. Lawrence

You won't need to be. :)

When you have your own licensed copy of XenForo, and if you need assistance, ask us. We'll help you. :)

14. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

As Lawrence says, ask away in these forums, people are generally pretty happy to help out fellow Admins.

15. Man, you guys really know how to make a person feel good about choosing XenForo. I'll definitely keep it in mind as my friends and I get our license.