Banners for Specific Users

Banners for Specific Users 2023-04-19

No permission to download

Nicolas FR

Nicolas FR submitted a new resource:

Banners for Specific Users - This add-on allows you to set a customizable banner for one or more specific users.

View attachment 279076
This add-on allows you to set a customizable banner (or image) for one or more specific users. Banners are displayed based on the user ID.

There are 5 customizable banners and they are stackable.

By default they use the basic XenForo banners but all CSS style properties are configurable giving you great creative freedom.

They are displayed in the user block, the user tooltip and on the profile page.

Options:

[ATTACH...

Read more about this resource...

OK... got it installed. Maybe I'm an idiot or blind... but where do I find the user's "ID"? The username doesn't work.

The banners are assigned in the Options panel rather than as a feature in the ACP.... and limited to 5.

My idea would to be to put a field in the ACP User's details panel, so the admin could add a banner specific to only that user.

Last edited:
OK... got it installed. Maybe I'm an idiot or blind... but where do I find the user's "ID"? The username doesn't work.
Hover an avatar or username and check the URL :

Capture d’écran 2022-12-29 162923.jpeg

The banners are assigned in the Options panel rather than as a feature in the ACP.... and limited to 5.
It's a bit light as an add-on to create his own category.
Yes it's limited to 5, If you want a personalized banner for each of your members then this is not really the solution...

My idea would to be to put a field in the ACP User's details panel, so the admin could add a banner specific to only that user.
I understand, this would require further development for this lens. Sorry for not being able to fill your request.
But maybe a seasoned developer could take hold of the job. :)

Last edited:
Hover an avatar or username and check the URL :

View attachment 279094

It's a bit light as an add-on to create his own category.
Yes it's limited to 5, If you want a personalized banner for each of your members then this is not really the solution...

I understand, this would require further development for this lens. Sorry for not being able to fill your request.
But maybe a seasoned developer could take hold of the job. :)

No worries! I appreciate the effort! I'll play around with it. Merci beaucoup, mon ami!

In the next version a tooltip will be displayed when the mouse moves over the banner, this will allow you to add information/explanations on it.

Hello @Nicolas FR , I am new to XF2 and am testing it in a private installation before moving our current forum to XF2.

I registered and downloaded your addon from your site.
Looks great, exactly what I am looking to use replicate an old 'awards' system we were using on out VB3 forums.

A question for you?

There is a note in the addon options screen that says:
"You can define as many IDs as you want but above a certain number it would be reasonable to use usergroups."

Are usergroup IDs an option to use in the "User IDs" fields?
Hoping it is so because that would make things simpler for me. :D

Thank you for addon.

Hello, glad you like this add-on.

About the note I should maybe make it more explicit: no you can't use a group ID in the User IDs field, what I meant is that if you fill in, for example, more than 10 user IDs it would be reasonable to create a user group for them and use the XenForo built-in banner system.

Hello, glad you like this add-on.

About the note I should maybe make it more explicit: no you can't use a group ID in the User IDs field, what I meant is that if you fill in, for example, more than 10 user IDs it would be reasonable to create a user group for them and use the XenForo built-in banner system.

Merci Nicolas
That is what I thought, as you had mentioned the addon was inspired by a thread on using the the group banners, and the note might have been referring to that mechanism.

Thank you for the quick reply. (y)

Top Bottom