1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Banner Recommended Size?

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by wickedstangs, Jul 28, 2014.

1. wickedstangs

wickedstangs Well-Known Member

What is the recommended banner Size, Regular size looks fine but terrible in Mobile Mode..

2. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

I use 234x60
  3. wickedstangs

How can I make my banner wider in Regular Mode?
  4. wickedstangs

I had to make the top banner 2300 x 218 just to fit correctly on the top. How can I fix that?
  5. wickedstangs

Help please:)
  6. wickedstangs

what banner size do I use to make it fit properly?
  7. Sheratan

Sheratan Well-Known Member

8. wickedstangs

9. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

What you do is make an extremely large version of the image, then apply the max-width to it when you insert it, that way your banner simply moves responsively with the browser.

You should really also add a max-width to your page container, that way you aren't trying to cover massive monitors. Seriously... people don't need to expand a browser across an entire widescreen display these days.

A more dangerous way... is you float left and right portions and use a middle section as background, so the banner technically looks the same. You may want to ditch that via media query for mobiles though and just deliver an alternative logo banner.

I say dangerous... due to the sheer amount of browser versions being used, it would be difficult to do that accurately for every type, though you could easily cover 98% or more IMO. Anyone using decade old browsers... just too bad.
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014