Banner Ads

3c

Is anyone using Adpeeps for banner ads? I've been playing with the demo editor, etc, and what I'm curious about is how to keep from having to redo it after upgrades. What I would want is to put a piece of html in the header (for a leaderboard sized ad) and then on the bottom, probably just below the lower breadcrumb. Without fully understanding XF's coding, I want to make sure I can add those and not lose them every upgrade, etc?

Somewhere around here I saw where someone had made an addon or something for ad management, but I already have the adpeeps software (which works wonderfully) so I'd rather just keep using it...

You add your advert code to the ad_ templates.

Those are not affected during upgrades.

In fact, none of the templates are automatically, you need to manually revert any which are outdated, then reapply your customisations.

How and where can I insert advertisements?
There are a number of dedicated templates which are specifically for this purpose. Refer to the discussion thread in the forum for more information.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-180445

Cool! I missed that thread somewhere in all my meandering around here. I am so liking what I'm seeing.......

now if I can just get someone to write me a bridge......

Top Bottom