Ban email domains?

Rho Delta

Is there a way to ban email domains? Even with custom img captcha a few are getting through again. Is there a way to ban all .ru domains from registering? Everyone in my niche is American, I do not want anyone without an American email address registering.

If you want only American's on your site, why not just block all non-US traffic in your firewall. That would stop bots and spammers even reaching your site freeing up load and bandwidth from users you have no desire for in the 1st place.

If you want only American's on your site, why not just block all non-US traffic in your firewall. That would stop bots and spammers even reaching your site freeing up load and bandwidth from users you have no desire for in the 1st place.
This is an excellent idea, I just have absolutely no idea how to do this. Also we have some GIs in Afganistan that I would want to be able to post.

This is an excellent idea, I just have absolutely no idea how to do this. Also we have some GIs in Afganistan that I would want to be able to post.

Do you have root access? In CSF config find CC_ALLOW_FILTER

# An alternative to CC_ALLOW is to only allow access from the following
# countries but still filter based on the port and packets rules. All other
# connections are dropped

Put US and restart CSF. This will now block anyone on a non-US IP. As far as the GI's you can do 1 of 2 ideas. Either take there IP and put them in the IP IGNORE list, this would over ride any firewall block if on that IP or add Afganistan or whatever country the carrier is also to CC_ALLOW_FILTER

For visitors trying to register they receive a message stating: "The email address you entered has been banned by the administrator. Please try another.",

Edit the phrase to whatever text you want.

Visitors signing up need to be made aware though otherwise they won't understand why they can't register.

Banning this:

Code:
*.*.*.*.*

Has been the most productive so far.

I wish the country ban was built in to XF. I have an addon for that that was working really well and it just stopped working.

Top Bottom