[BADLY NEED EXPERT HELP] - Xenforo website is very slow

gginni

Hi guys,

My website address is:- www.onlinesasta.com (Recently moved to digital ocean, so might take 12-24 hrs to resolve to new IP)

I was on VPS Level 4 Hostgator but they blocked my account 2 days before saying that I'm consuming all the system resources. So I have migrated to Digital Ocean $40/month plan:-

4GBMemory
2 CoreProcessor
60GBSSD Disk
4TBTransfer

I have installed LEMP stack with MySql (Maria DB):-
https://www.digitalocean.com/commun...-linux-nginx-mysql-php-lemp-stack-on-centos-7

It is still loading very slow. I don't even know whether I need to upgrade plan or there is some plugin which is making it slow.

I'm ready to pay to get my website up (or mysql tuning done). Please I badly need an expert help here.

My website is not working from past 2 days and I might lose the valuable active members.

Please let me know if anyone can help me in it. I'm .Net Expert and not much familiar with Linux OS and MySql tuning

Board Details:-
Threads:- 66.000
Members:- 7500
Google analytics daily visitors:- 3000-4000

Last edited:
I'm willing to built you a decent server on DigitalOcean that can run your forum quick and fast.
With the same plan your using the 4GB ram plan.
Using a LEMP setup: http://centminmod.com/

I guess there is no issue with server setup. I have installed LEMP stack on CentOS and I don't see any issue in it.

There is some issue in Xenforo tables/configuration or plugins which I am using. I cannot disable ******* - Credits plugin. Others plugins, I can disable also.

I have dropped u a message. Let me know if you could help me in improving my site performance. I would be very thankful to you if you could help me in making it load fast. I might end up shutting down my website if it will be that slow :(. I can even try for 80$ 4 core plan but I don't think I have enough visitors on my website. There is some issue with Xenforo plugins/addons only :(

Your website isn't slow at all, and that's going from my house in Los Angeles to Singapore. Seems very snappy here. Perhaps it is the latency between the DO server and your location?

Reactions: HWS
Your website isn't slow at all, and that's going from my house in Los Angeles to Singapore. Seems very snappy here. Perhaps it is the latency between the DO server and your location?
I agree. Seems to load pretty fast from Denmark, too.
browsing your forum from australia, and wondering what you are unhappy about hey
From Kuwait .. Your site loads pretty fast.

It was hell lotta slow... I bought @RoldanT paid services and he fixed the things for me!!! I am not sure what was wrong with my forum but even forum home page load was taking years to load!!! Now it's pretty fast and I am happy about it

I hope it stays same as it is!!!

I agree. Seems to load pretty fast from Denmark, too.

browsing your forum from australia, and wondering what you are unhappy about hey

From Kuwait .. Your site loads pretty fast.

After my post #4 : https://xenforo.com/community/posts/836830/

It was already fixed, so should be fast already :)

even when i checked the site 20 minutes after he posted the thread it seemed fast enough.
imo it was probably his home connection the entire time :)

i am curious about some of the results on that gtmetrix page though.
how were you guys able to address the various black marks associated with twitter, google, css, etc? i get a huge number of black marks for external resources that are seemingly out of my control (expire headers/cookies/dns lookups/cache expiry/etc on google/twitter/etc).

i am curious about some of the results on that gtmetrix page though.
how were you guys able to address the various black marks associated with twitter, google, css, etc? i get a huge number of black marks for external resources that are seemingly out of my control (expire headers/cookies/dns lookups/cache expiry/etc on google/twitter/etc).
Defer Js of ngx_pagespeed.

apache :(
i think i ran mod_pagespeed for quite a wile, but saw nothing too exciting. i may even be running it still!

Well before I setup a new server for him, He don't have any caching installed on the server.
It's just a simple lemp server: https://www.digitalocean.com/commun...-linux-nginx-mysql-php-lemp-stack-on-centos-7

This is what I added on the server:
Memcached Server 1.4.20, Libmemcached 1.0.18, Zend OpCache 7.0.4, ngx_pagespeed and MariaDB 10.0.14 really helps.

Thanks a lot to @eva2000 for his awesome Centminmod.

Defer Js of ngx_pagespeed.
nicely done @RoldanLT

hope @gginni and his members enjoy the new found speed with Centmin Mod LEMP stack :)

I am located in Australia and that site is Fast :) ( other than the ad loading)
The only problem I can see is that there are far too many ads which detract from the actual content.

Top Bottom