1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad storm moved in, took some pictures

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Onimua, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

A bad storm moved into the area while I was working outside. I noticed they started taking on a peculiar pattern, so ducked inside and got my camera out to take some pictures (each picture was about 2.7MB, but I had to shrink them down as they were taken at a huge resolution). Couldn't capture how amazing it really looked but I tried.

Just thought I'd share them. :)

Attached Files:

2. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

cool pics Onimua!

3. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Good shots. What kind of camera do you have?

4. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

By the time I took these pictures it was a little less pronounced than they were right before I ran inside, I was kind of in awe over it. About two minutes after I took the pictures it disappated just as quickly as it had formed.

CIMG0117.JPG

Blah, a really crappy old digital camera. :p Casio Exilim EX-S500.

5. Floren

Floren Well-Known Member

http://post.yqed.com/storm-is-coming-to-montreal
    It was still sunny when I took the picture. 15min later the hell unleashed... Check how the clouds are dropping.

6. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Holy moses, that looks pretty ominous. Were there any reported tornadoes in that storm Floren?

7. Floren

Floren Well-Known Member

No tornadoes in Montreal, thank God. :)

8. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

Yeah, a cell had already moved through, it got sunny again, then it started to get really cloudy again and started making a really odd pattern. Shortly after ducking inside there was a bit of hail. :p

I really love the way there's really unique patterns in nature, but I think I like clouds the most. I wish it could last a little longer to enjoy though.

9. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Almost surreal, awesome photos dude!

10. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

Doesn't look too scary. Actually looks nice and calm.

11. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

It was actually very, very window. The last photo shows the trees bending in the wind. :p