Bad Ass Movies

Davyc

New forum covering a wide range of genres for Movie and TV Show enthusiasts. Find it @ https://badassmovies.co.uk

Using @Russ Flatawesome+ style with some significant CSS and template modifications to give it the desired look. Also utilising conditionals to effect the headers in the Top 20 forums and also the images in the polls, which makes use of @Lisa code with some modifications for responsive views and positioning.

Add-ons used are listed below:

Capture.webp

I've added approximately 900 movies and TV shows into the forums along with several other posts which will hopefully prove interesting enough for comment. Four articles have been added - there's another 46 to come with more to follow later.

A few screen shots shown below:

shot1.webp

shot2.webp

shot4.webp

Feel free to join up, comment, make suggestions - everyone is welcome.

:)

Yeah there's roughly 900 movies and TV shows with more to go in yet. Watched a cracking movie the other night titled 6 Bullets starring Jean Claude Van Damme so that's to go in for one lol.

;)

Many thanks for the Kudos, there's still plenty to do on the site and loads of content to go in. I may add a couple of features that I believe would go down well, but they're for later; right now I am aiming at plugging the site as much as possible. Next stop is to update my FB page (Twitter already done and garning interest) and start plugging away there.

Whenever I update or change anything I'll post an update.

;)

The site looks clean and sharp.

One criticism:

Not sure how good of an idea it is to get a game character (if I am not mistaken Duke Nukem) as your main-representing-guy.
Wouldn't it be better for a movie site to use a movie character rather than a game character? Such as John McClane or T-800?

Yeah, I thought long and hard about who/what to use (well for about half an hour lol) and decided to use something that was tough looking but not favouring or leaning towards any actor in particular; it diverts attention away from the usual 'why not use an image of .... (whoever)' instead of who is used. I also wanted an image with transparency already as a given rather than spending ages on masking out an image that may or may not look right when done.

As with all cosmetics and eye-candy it's a subjective aspect of the design. But I'm always open to change and when I have more time to spend on the finite details of the design there will be changes coming. Right now I'm concentrating on adding more content and promotion. It's never and easy challenge when you're a one man band, but then I like a challenge.

;)

I see. Well, of course the medallion has two sides. Now it also diverts the attention, if the visitor knows the character and will ask himself (like me) why a game character is representing the site. But yeah, he looks badass, so job well done :). But this is so nitpicky, that it doesn't matter.

Btw. google is your friend, if you need images without a background. See

And you should correct your signature, it doesn't link to your site correctly.

Good luck with everything.

Last edited:
@sbj thanks for the comments - always appreciated; even small details can make a difference. And thanks for the heads-up on the signature link; don't know what went wrong there, but corrected now.

(y)

Some small changes made to the site:

Changed the forum nodes image
Changed the visitor notice image to something more in line with movies
Changed the header images to more represent movies
Added several new posts
Small CSS cosmetic changes

Hopefully, all will improve the user experience and the visual appeal.

:)

Well, the first thing I did when going to that site was look for the search, but I couldn't find it

Search is available to members - I 'may' backtrack on this and give access to visitors, but for now it's a members' only feature. When I get a moment of free time I'll be adding a page/post for visitors only pointing out the advantages of joining.

;)

Top Bottom