Backup to FTP via SSH?

DaveL

Hi,

I currently have a 15GB FTP Backup option with my cPanel VPS - However I was just wondering if you knew of any guides on how to set it up to backup twice a week.

Ive seen the legacy backup options in cPanel, however theres no validation to see whether its actually worked.

Ive also been told I can only access the FTP backup via SSH and not externally, which has totally thrown me.

Any hints, tips or good guides you know of would be great.

Hi,

I currently have a 15GB FTP Backup option with my cPanel VPS - However I was just wondering if you knew of any guides on how to set it up to backup twice a week.
I have no idea how to do it in cPanel. However, if you can create a cron job that runs twice a week, then you can make it run e.g. scripts like these.

Ive also been told I can only access the FTP backup via SSH and not externally, which has totally thrown me.
If I understand correctly, it sounds like they create a backup for you on the VPS, and then you can access it and copy it with SSH (scp to be precise, or use PuTTy or whatever it's called on Windows) to any external location?

Top Bottom