Backlinks: domain.com OR domain.com/

No. There is no benefit. You should just use http://www.crazyengineers.com as the backlink URL. ( you're 301ing / anyways ) - dont over think it. You can never really control anchor text or how people back link to you anyways. Just have your canonical tags set and focusing your www or non www version, you're game. Personally - I would have had your superblog in the root domain because anything in your subdomains are treated as its own.

No. There is no benefit. You should just use http://www.crazyengineers.com as the backlink URL. ( you're 301ing / anyways ) - dont over think it. You can never really control anchor text or how people back link to you anyways. Just have your canonical tags set and focusing your www or non www version, you're game. Personally - I would have had your superblog in the root domain because anything in your subdomains are treated as its own.
Thanks! So should we really send them a complete HTML code to link to us, including the alt text? Or is it okay if they just write <a href="URL">, without ALT text?

Superblog is my own blog and has no connection with the main topic of the site; that's why it's in its own sub-domain. I'm not bothered about its ranking (it ranks pretty well though).

Yea, you're not trying to rank for anything special anyway. Your home page title is just CrazyEngineers anyways. If anything alt title Engineering Community by CrazyEngineers

Thanks! So should we really send them a complete HTML code to link to us, including the alt text? Or is it okay if they just write <a href="URL">, without ALT text?

Superblog is my own blog and has no connection with the main topic of the site; that's why it's in its own sub-domain. I'm not bothered about its ranking (it ranks pretty well though).
I would put everything else in there if you can. I mean, if you thought about putting ALT in there, then do it. It's not defacto "ranking" thing, but it helps tell your users what the site is about (bots see it, too so it's collateral damage).

Top Bottom