Background image issue - I'm baffled

adgsteve

I've done this several times before but this time I'm baffled. I want to use an image for the body background but the one I want to use won't take. I can only get one image to work and it's not the one I want.

So, can anyone tell me why this code works....

body
{
@property "body";
font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
color: @contentText;
background: @dimmedTextColor url('images/Dark_Castle_Background.jpg') repeat;
word-wrap: break-word;
line-height: 1.27;
@property "/body";
}

But this code does not work... (the only difference between the two is the image name)

body
{
@property "body";
font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
color: @contentText;
background: @dimmedTextColor url('images/gra5.jpg') repeat;
word-wrap: break-word;
line-height: 1.27;
@property "/body";
}

Yes, both images are in that same folder, both file extensions are good, and both images can be viewed just fine in a web browser, picture viewer, ect.

I'm doing this on WAMP so I don't know if it's a server/php configuration issue or what, but I've tried changing that image to several different images in that folder. No other image works at all except for "Dark_Castle_Background.jpg"

I did a template search and searched though all the style properties and there are no other references to body background or Dark_Castle_Background.jpg anywhere... I'm stumped.

So what simple, stupid thing am I overlooking?

So I think I've narrowed it down to Windows 7 file permissions.... which I absolutely hate. I can upload that file to our server, then put THAT url into the style properties on the WAMP install and it works perfectly. It just can't pull the image from the local folder/file in WAMP. Checked permissions...
Appreciate everyone's help here but it looks like it's isolated to my local install after all.... {sigh}

ETA: Got that figured out, WAMP shouldn't be in my Program Files folder. Runs into file permissions errors there. Never had that problem with WinXP.

Top Bottom