1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Awaiting Email Confirmation from Edit

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Lone Wolf, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Well-Known Member

There is a notice for Users Awaiting Email Confirmation supplied by a phrase.

Is it possible to show two different notices for the two different user states, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation and Users Awaiting Email Confirmation from Edit?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Both conditions can be selected in the user criteria.

upload_2015-6-29_20-8-37.png

Lone Wolf likes this.
  3. Lone Wolf

Thanks Brogan, I know that.

What I mean is that there is a default notice which I want to remove and replace with two custom notices for each user state

4. Brogan

You can try editing (emptying) the notice_confirm_email template to stop the default message showing.

5. Lone Wolf

I tried that but it just shows a blank notice.

6. Brogan

In that case you would need to edit the notice template and use a conditional statement to prevent the notice showing for the awaiting email confirmation state.

7. Lone Wolf

I've no idea how to do that

8. Brogan

Actually I don't think it's possible as the $notices array is passed to the template so you would need to either prevent it being added to the array in the code or somehow unset it in the template.

9. Lone Wolf

I guess the best solution is to try and word the notice so it fits both states and then place it in that template.