Awaiting approval

Eliteoomph

I just noticed that in my Admin Control Panel I show that I have more members the listed in my forum. When I click on the individual members they say awaiting e-mail confirmation, but when I click on users awaiting approval noone is listed...

Also, a few people said the approval e-mail is going to there spam folder... Anything I can do about that?

Did you import from say, vBulletin? I don't believe that XenForo has an "Awaiting E-mail Confirmation" user group. That looks like the default user title for that group in vB.

bah...trickery with words. Fooled me! :p
lol yeah that is pretty tricky...

so your saying if I have manual approve selected that registered member that are not yet approved would then show up in the "users awaiting approval" section?
also, and idea on how to avoid my email confirmations going to people's spam folder?

I want to be able to send an email to all Users Awaiting Approval, but I don't see that status as an option in the Email Users table at .../admin.php?users/email
How do I do so, please?
Thanks!
HJ
NICE to have Beta 3 Installed!!!

PS: We installed as an upgrade from 1.0.4

Do you recommend instead that we do a fresh install of the software to get all of the new bells and whistles?

There is no option to email users awaiting approval.

Upgrading from 1.0.4 to 1.1 Beta 3 will provide exactly the same functionality as a clean install of 1.1. Beta 3.
Assuming you want to retain all of your existing data, an upgrade is the only option.

There is no option to email users awaiting approval.

Upgrading from 1.0.4 to 1.1 Beta 3 will provide exactly the same functionality as a clean install of 1.1. Beta 3.
Assuming you want to retain all of your existing data, an upgrade is the only option.
Thanks Brogan...

The reason I would like this option is that for people to register for my forum, they must first purchase my publication(s), yet due to the nature of the discussion content, I recommend in the forum they use a pseuydonym, as discussions get very personal. So they typically purchase using their real ID but register using a pseudonym and a different email (for the same reason).

I'd like to be able to send an email to a group of them at a time asking for the cross reference realname/username so I can verify their purchase. At this point I have to email them one at a time to ask for this info.

Sounds like maybe this is something I may have to hire an XF wizard to produce for me.

Top Bottom