XF 2.0 "Awaiting approval before being displayed publicly."

Spartan

I want to hide from a user the fact his posts require moderation. I deleted the phrase "Awaiting approval before being displayed publicly."

How do I remove the little blue shield icon that is to the left of the text above?

Solution:
I used this as reference https://xenforo.com/community/resou...val-and-is-invisible-to-normal-visitors.9223/

This will disable the notice for everyone other than mods/admins.

I went to search templates and under refine search I put before_being_displayed_publicly into text contains. The result was thread_view.

I searched it for before_being_displayed_publicly (line ~435) and wrapped dd class="blockStatus-message blockStatus-message--moderated with this:
Code:
    <xf:if is="{{$xf.visitor.isMemberOf([ 3, 4])}}">

</xf:if>

Result:
Code:
                    <xf:elseif is="$thread.discussion_state == 'moderated'" />
                        <dd class="blockStatus-message blockStatus-message--moderated">
                            {{ phrase('awaiting_approval_before_being_displayed_publicly') }}
                        </dd>

Code:
                    <xf:elseif is="$thread.discussion_state == 'moderated'" />
                        <dd class="blockStatus-message blockStatus-message--moderated">
                            {{ phrase('awaiting_approval_before_being_displayed_publicly') }}
                        </dd>

You may need/want to do the same for the "awaiting approval" badge on the right hand side of the thread in the forum view. Which can be done by editing thread_list_macros (line ~45):
Code:
                            <xf:set var="$moderatedStatus">
                                <i class="structItem-status structItem-status--moderated" aria-hidden="true" title="{{ phrase('awaiting_approval')|for_attr }}"></i>
                                <span class="u-srOnly">{{ phrase('awaiting_approval') }}</span>
                            </xf:set>

Code:
                            <xf:set var="$moderatedStatus">
                                <i class="structItem-status structItem-status--moderated" aria-hidden="true" title="{{ phrase('awaiting_approval')|for_attr }}"></i>
                                <span class="u-srOnly">{{ phrase('awaiting_approval') }}</span>
                            </xf:set>

post_article_macros has one too, around line 28.

Last edited:
Top Bottom