XF 2.0 Avatars that are Ninja

Noobz347

Greetings,

Since going to Xen 2, I have not found a way to stop avatars from coming in from outside sources. Gravatar support has been disabled, Dynamic Default Avatars have been Enabled, and I've temporarily disabled avatar uploading permissions on new users for troubleshooting purposes.

I am still finding new members popping up with avatars though perms are set to not allow this.

Please tell me what I have missed.

Thank You,
Noobz

I think even if uploading avatars and gravatar are disabled if a user logs in with Facebook, Google, etc it'll still pull their avatar from whatever platform they associate with

I don't believe so, at least not without an add-on. Would just need to extend getAvatarUrl() in each of the \XF\ConnectedAccount\ProviderData classes and just always return NULL

I don't believe so, at least not without an add-on. Would just need to extend getAvatarUrl() in each of the \XF\ConnectedAccount\ProviderData classes and just always return NULL

Thanks for the response. We're looking into an add-on upgrade for an item that we had for XF 1.5. If anything comes of it, I'll post back for others.

We like to maintain a active review of submitted avatars in order to assure suitability ourselves versus relying on other services. I'll also look into enable/disable settings from each service that we allow log-in. Thanks for that idea too. :) We may not need all of those.

Top Bottom