Avatar size -Vbulletin to Xenforo.

tommydamic68

I have VB3 - my current users avatars are 175 x 131 - how will that convert over to Xenforo? Will all members still be able to use their avatars? What happens to Youtube links that are full videos in threads and photobucket files in threads and posts? What happens to your current friends and wall posts on VB? Are private messages converted over?

Thanks - just trying to prepare for things that members may complain or fuss about,

-Tom

Last edited:
1) You can configure XenForo to have any avatar dimension you want. Keep in mind that if you want animated avatars you need to use Imagemagick library.
2) Youtube links are not supported on vBulletin 3. Most likely you are currently using an addon to support those. If that is your case, such as the AME addon, there is a thread in here that explains how to convert those links into XenForo links.
3) I don't know anything about photobucket.
4) Friends are converted into followers
5) Wall post are migrated
6) Private messages are migrated into conversations. The functionality is a little bit different (for instance, XenForo doesn't support private messages folders) but they are basically migrated.

The avatar is a bit small for my liking. What is the widest the image can be set to without effecting the page?

p.s. - Is there any way to 'livin' up the editor buttons? Color perhaps? just seem very drab...

The avatar is a bit small for my liking. What is the widest the image can be set to without effecting the page?

p.s. - Is there any way to 'livin' up the editor buttons? Color perhaps? just seem very drab...
You talking about the reply, edit, etc? The below also have a transition effect applied when you hover over them.

screenshot.webp

Last edited:

Unfortuntely, there's no native setting that controls the height and the width of the avatar displayed in postbit.

For me, I allowed width of 150px with unrestricted height by adding this to EXTRA.css

HTML:
.thread_view .messageList .messageUserInfo a.avatar img,
.thread_view .quickReply .messageUserInfo a.avatar img,
.conversation_view .messageList .messageUserInfo a.avatar img,
.conversation_view .quickReply .messageUserInfo a.avatar img
{
    width: auto;
    max-width:150px;
    height: auto;
}

.messageUserInfo
{
    width: 178px !important;
}

.message .messageInfo,
#QuickReply
{
    margin-left: 194px !important;
}

The editor box
You mean the toolbar buttons... AFAIK those are from a sprite sheet and the toolbar button sizes are controlled in your ACP - Style Properties -> Rich Text Editor -> Editor Toolbar Button.
You can probably create a new sprite sheet with larger icons and increase the size of the buttons - but you will probably also have to edit editor_ui.css to pull in the correct new sprite sheet locations.

Top Bottom