1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avatar right hand side pointer problem

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Ingenious, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Ingenious

Ingenious Well-Known Member

On my Mac (Firefox or Safari) my avatar holders look great, with a faint grey line around them.

But on my PC in the latest Firefox, the avatar pointer looks a completely different and darker grey - as does the > arrows in the breadcrumb), any ideas why?

pointer.gif

If I can't change the colour of that (it's annoying because it looks great on other browsers), is there a way of removing this from the avatar outline completely?

Thanks.

2. Ingenious

Looks like it is the same on this forum too, see image (FF version 10.0.1)

pointer2.gif

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It's a browser issue.

You can edit the elements to remove the border, but it will look a bit odd with the border remaining on the neighbouring elements.

4. Ingenious

Thanks - So can I just remove the arrow part of the border then, so the avatar is enclosed in a normal rectangular box without the > on the side?

Also when you say this is a browser issue are you saying there's likely to be no workaround or nothing in Xenforo that should be changed/fixed? Is it worth flagging this up as a bug report for example? Can anyone else see the above problem in Firefox?

5. Brogan

Yes, you can remove the arrow element.

It has been reported as a bug many times, but it's a browser issue.

6. Ingenious

Thanks Brogan. How do I remove the arrow element please?

7. Brogan

Add to EXTRA.css:
    Code:
    .messageUserBlock .arrow {
    display: none !important;
    }
    For the breadcrumbs, you will need to edit the Style Properties.

8. Ingenious

Thanks Brogan, works a treat :)