1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Available images when sharing to Facebook?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Thee, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Thee

Thee Active Member

Hey guys,

I am wondering if someone here could help out with a suggestion what changes would need to be made to make additional images available when posting links to Facebook?

When I post newsbits from our main site to Facebook the only "selectable image" to go with the news is this one: http://www.wildstaronline.de/wiki/images/3/30/Side_feature_wiki.jpg - Ideally, I'd love to go with the header image for now.

Here is the link to our site: http://wildstaronline.de/

Thanks in advance, everyone!
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You can change the default og:image in your:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Style Properties -> Header and Navigation -> Facebook Open Graph Logo

Or if you wish to choose an image from the page at the time of sharing the link then you need to remove the og:images from this template:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> open_graph_meta

<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookAppId} OR {$xenOptions.facebookAdmins}">
    	<meta property="og:site_name" content="{$xenOptions.boardTitle}" />
    	<xen:if is="{$avatar}"><meta property="og:image" content="{$avatar}" /></xen:if>
    	<meta property="og:image" content="{xen:helper fullurl, @ogLogoPath, 1}" />
    	<meta property="og:type" content="article" />
    	<meta property="og:url" content="{xen:raw $url}" />
    	<meta property="og:title" content="{xen:raw $title}" />
    	<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookAppId}"><meta property="fb:app_id" content="{$xenOptions.facebookAppId}" /></xen:if>
    	<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookAdmins}"><meta property="fb:admins" content="{xen:helper implode, {$xenOptions.facebookAdmins}, ','}" /></xen:if>
    It should allow you to choose an image when no og:image is defined (so I'm told, I don't use facebook).
    Thee likes this.