Lack of interest Autotags

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I think that was asked in the first post is this:

i create a set of predefined tags.
i set forum options so that if a thread is opened in that forum the tags i want are automatically applied (let's suppose a category called "osx" i tag it "OS, OSX, OPERATIVE SYSTEM, SOFTWARE").

I do support this, it would be great.
If integrated with this: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/suggestion-automatically-subscribe-to-threads-by-tags.1268/ it could change the way i offer forum experience on my board.

Kier, if you are here reply =)

I think that was asked in the first post is this:

i create a set of predefined tags.
i set forum options so that if a thread is opened in that forum the tags i want are automatically applied (let's suppose a category called "osx" i tag it "OS, OSX, OPERATIVE SYSTEM, SOFTWARE").

I do support this, it would be great.
If integrated with this: http://xenforo.com/community/thread...hreads-by-tags.1268/ it could change the way i offer forum experience on my board.

Kier, if you are here reply =)

Automatic tags are added from title/content.

Predefined tags are added by users.

If predefined tags were added, I hope there would be a way to make them optional on a per-forum basis (Missing from Lynne's product).

Even if tags are created by trusted members (try that on a big board if you want to get into a real mess), then automatic tags lead to stupid tags. I have 25.000 tags in my system. Combine that with auto tagging and the mess will be huge.
If I write in a thread that a statement is not related to 'bloatware', then the tag forsaken would be added. If I mention bloatware in a thread, but the word has nothing to do with the essence of the thread, then its a useless tag as well. I have been tooling around with automatic tags and although it shows promise, only a very advanced system would work. You would have to define the number of times a word needs to be mentioned in a post/thread, before its added as a tag.

I find generic automated tags of little use. The idea of tags automatically being applied to an admin defined list of 100 tags sound intriguing, but only if they were actually in the first post.

Or the second post? Or somewhere in the thread? This could get complicated.

:confused:

Top Bottom