Resource icon

Automatic URL Aliases - Automatic URL conversion 1.2.3

No permission to download
  • Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
R

ragtek

ragtek submitted a new resource:

Automatic URL Aliases - Automatic URL conversion (version 1.2.2) - converts the posted links to the page title

I'm very happy that i'm allowed to release an add-on which was coded for http://www.planet-liebe.de/
This add-on will convert posted URL into it's page title autoMAGICly on your board.

Exacmple:
www.ragtek.org/xenforo will be converted autoMAGICLY
biggrin.png
to => ragtek's xenforo Add-ons

Live Demo:...

Read more about this resource...

ragtek updated Automatic URL Aliases - Automatic URL conversion with a new update entry:

Automatic URL Aliases - Automatic URL conversion

This is a QUICK bugfix release fixing a problem with grabing the titles from pages with some special charsets...

I'll try to find a real fix for this, ATM i've changed the code to return the url instead of the title, if there were some problems with grabing the title

thx to archet for the report:) http://ragtek.org/xenforo/threads/automatic-url-aliases-automatic-url-conversion-bug.461/

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thank you ragtek!

Some bugs:
If the link is of a banned user's profiles I get "Error | website.ext"
If the link is of a hidden forum (example moderator's forum), url is not converted.

Thank you ragtek!

Some bugs:
If the link is of a banned user's profiles I get "Error | website.ext"
If the link is of a hidden forum (example moderator's forum), url is not converted.
of course it's not, because the title are grabed from an "guest session" and if a guest gets an "error ..." title, then the url converter will get it too;)

Yes, I know that. But I don't want to remove/change it from the normal use.

...at the end in my forum there's not to much use of internal links so the title of the board can be usefull to let the user know if the link is internal or not.
So finally I think I'm ok with that. (y)

A very easy to implement suggestion:

Use the PHP funcion html_entity_decode to translate all HTML special characters:
http://ascii.cl/htmlcodes.htm

In BbCodeAutolink.php
PHP:
    protected function _getPageTitle($url)
    {
        $pageTitle = XenForo_Helper_Url::getTitle($url, $url);
        if (utf8_check($pageTitle))
        {
            return html_entity_decode( str_replace("\n", "", $pageTitle), ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8' );
        }
        return $url;
    }

Thanks! Solve the caracter problem... to me too.

Excellent addon, however I have been getting an error when I have a link inside another BBCode such as SPOILER. Any solution?

Code:
Error
The files associated with this add-on could not be found. Please upload them and try again.

I got that error when installing...

NB: folder library uploaded

thanks

That error always means the files have been uploaded to the wrong place.

Either:

Upload the contents of the upload folder to the root of your site

Or:

Find the Ragtek folder and upload that to your library folder.

Top Bottom