Automatic change of user group for inactivity

Jayt

Is there a way to set the board to change the user group of a user based on amount of time they are inactive? I would like to have users moved automatically to the unregistered/unconfirmed group if they are inactive.

Or better might be to also change the user state to Awaiting Email Confirmation.

I basically want inactive users to be unable to access the board and not show on the user list.

Last edited:
I can't seem to get it to work with the promotions. I used a Waindigo add on that adds some of the same criteria. It will make the secondary user group the one I want but the user is still listed on the member list.

I can't seem to get it to work with the promotions. I used a Waindigo add on that adds some of the same criteria. It will make the secondary user group the one I want but the user is still listed on the member list.

This is probably because the default behaviour is to not change the primary group. Its considered normal to add/remove the secondary groups. I could be wrong but it almost sounds like your situation.

It's similar to how banned users even if a group is set automatically, still have registered as the primary. Though most stock areas don't show banned users so its a bit different.

That is what seems to happen. I can set a promotion to change the secondary group but that doesn't accomplish what I want. I don't want to ban or delete the users. If they want to return I want them to have to confirm their email again.

Top Bottom