Partial fix autolink stopped working for a specific website after recent patch

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
I've made a tweak here. Using a more specific user agent allows the request and is probably a better form, though they're within their rights to limit automated requests if they prefer (and they can still block them without issue). As such, I'm not really sure I should call this "fixed" though the specific issue here may not happen for a period of time. The other half would really be a service issue.

I've made a tweak here. Using a more specific user agent allows the request and is probably a better form, though they're within their rights to limit automated requests if they prefer (and they can still block them without issue). As such, I'm not really sure I should call this "fixed" though the specific issue here may not happen for a period of time. The other half would really be a service issue.
Could this be why Facebook links are now auto-linking in chinese (Requires secure authentication)?

Screen Shot 2016-11-03 at 10.02.15 PM.png

Is there a way to turn this feature off for specific domains? Helper/Http.php?

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
The changes may have indirectly caused that, but it's difficult to say specifically. There's no option that would allow you to adjust this on a per site basis. That would require custom development.