XF 2.2 Auto-watch forum when joining user group

Hilary

When members are added to a specific user group, I'd like them to start watching (and getting email notifications for new threads in) a specific forum. Is this possible? Maybe with an add-on?

Thanks. There's one that almost does it, but on registration, not on adding to a usergroup. I will have a think about whether this is something I should pay for!
My (paid) add-on Watched Thread Filtering almost does this;

Currently this only applies for new users, but I had a WIP which applied when a user was added to a group by an admincp edit or made a moderator. If you have a license, let me know if you want to help test it :)

Currently this only applies for new users, but I had a WIP which applied when a user was added to a group by an admincp edit or made a moderator. If you have a license, let me know if you want to help test it :)

Eventually this could be done also with custom fields? You can associate certain fields to specific forums?

I do now ;) . How can I help test this WIP?

I do now ;) . How can I help test this WIP?
Latest v1.6.0 version :). For any bugs please post in the add-on thread.

I found a few hours and polished the interaction. If you make a user moderator it automatically enrolls them into any forum which is now viewable for them.

If you edit the user profile in the admincp, there is now an option to enroll them for any visible forums (ie changed groups).

It is possible this will make unwatched forums come back, so it isn't the default on editing an admincp user. And I figure making someone a moderator is rare enough.

If you edit the user profile in the admincp, there is now an option to enroll them for any visible forums (ie changed groups).
Ah... that wouldn't fit what I need after all. I'd like to turn on 'watch this forum' automatically when someone is added to a given group. (The actual adding-to-group will be done by membership software integration, not editing in admincp.) Does this mean I need to keep looking?

Ah... that wouldn't fit what I need after all. I'd like to turn on 'watch this forum' automatically when someone is added to a given group. (The actual adding-to-group will be done by membership software integration, not editing in admincp.) Does this mean I need to keep looking?
Assuming this membership software integration is calling XenForo php code (which is about the only sane way), it wouldn't be hard to make it call the additional flag required to trigger this behaviour.

Are you using the XF API or hosting XF directly?

How Amember integrates with XenForo sadly makes it impossible for XenForo or XenForo add-ons to react to Amember triggered changes.

They are doing direct database manipulation from Amember's side, and looks to pre-date the XF API which would make this possible.

Top Bottom