Lack of interest Auto Popup upon "Like" when "Upvote" is more desired....

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

CivilWarTalk

So, I don't think this has been suggested before, I did some searching and found nothing.

I have a forum setup for Questions and Answers, and I like how it works, but my members have been slow to adopt the upvote, downvote, and best answer options in that forum.

When discussing this with our staff, it was suggested that when someone "Likes" a post in that forum, it should show a pop-up asking if that member would prefer to "Also" Upvote that post.

I know "Like" and "Upvote" aren't actually the same thing, but there is a good chance if a member does a "Like", they would likely also want to "Upvote" the post, at least in our case....

I think that might be a good optional addition to Xenforo.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
You could use this, it adds a vote. If they don't want to vote they can remove it when they see it happen, but I have not run into that issue once.

You could use this, it adds a vote. If they don't want to vote they can remove it when they see it happen, but I have not run into that issue once.
I didn't encounter that in my searches, I'll look at that and see how it might fit into my needs....

In addition, after making my suggestion, I stumbled on this modification:

I found this helpful as well....

Top Bottom